General Membership and Executive Committee
"The higher my rank, the more humbly I behave. The greater my power, the less I exercise it. The richer my wealth, the more I give away. Thus I avoid, respectively, envy and spite and misery." ~ Sun Shu Ao, c.600BC
"Success under a good leader is the people's success." ~ Lao Tsu, 600-400BC
"Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." ~ Confucius, 551-479 BC
As stated in Section III, Part A of the Administrative Association Constitution, "The Administrative Association consists of is comprised of all Faculty Administrators and Classified Administrators, including those individuals serving in an “Acting” or “Interim ” capacity, with the exception of librarians and counselors, as they are represented by the Faculty Senate, and those individuals who, as determined by Human Resources, who do not serve on the President's Executive Staff. Typically, the members of the Administrative Association are employed via a faculty administrative contract or they serve as “Directors” in Pay Band 6 or higher in the classified compensation system."
Click here to view the list of all 78 members as of June 18, 2012
Governance Appointees (NOT positions of the Executive Committee)
* VACANT - Global and Intercultural Learning Committee
* VACANT - President's Advisor and Planning Council
* VACANT - President's Advisor and Planning Council (Permanent Alternative)
* VACANT - State Appeals Panel
***Archived List of Executive Committee Members***
Click here to view the archived list of executive members (2005-06 to present)
* According to Section V(A) of the Constitution, the term of office for all members of the Executive Committee shall be two years, and members of the Executive Committee may serve no more than two consecutive, full terms in the same office. According to Section V(C) of the Constitution, the Chair, Vice-Chair, and Secretary are elected by the third Friday in March of even-numbered years while the campus- and district-based representatives are elected by the third Friday in March of odd-numbered years. The Immediate Past Chair is an ex officio member of the Executive Committee and therefore is not elected. Beginning in 2009-10, appointed positions will no longer be members of the Executive Committee (Section IV [Officers] of the Constitution was amended on October 17, 2008).
Open the original version of this page.