TRNS 1008 Driver Improvement
This 8-hour National Safety Council Defensive Driving Course will provide required information and safe driving tips that will benefit even the most experienced drivers. This course uses the National Safety Council curriculum and is approved as a Driver Improvement clinic by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles.
Instructor Bob Ross is certified by the National Safety Council. Certified National Safety Council instructors provide valuable information and safe driving tips that will benefit even the most experienced drivers.
Course Start Dates
The program runs on Saturdays from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.*Participants must attend the entire session and pass the test to qualify for the certificate that is presented to DMV.
For both the informational flier and the registration form click here, then follow the instructions on the registration form to register for the class.
Online RegistrationTo register for classes online please use the following instructions:
- Complete the on-line Non-credit/CEU Admissions Application*
- (In item 6 of the of the online application choose Non-credit/CEU) Please ensure you are selecting the correct semester term.
- Go to the TCC home page and click on the "My TCC" icon at the top of the page
- Enter your Student ID and Password
- Select VCCS: Student Information System (SIS)
- In the enrollment section select the Enrollment: Add Classes link**
- Then enter the class number of the class you wish to take or search for the class and hit the "select class" button
- (Driver improvement class numbers can also be found on this page in the tables below).
- Further instruction will be provided for you on the page
* If you are already a TCC student but have only taken credit classes you will have to fill out an admissions application, this time selecting Non-Credit in the career section. Your EMPL ID and user name will stay the same.
** If you are also a credit student you will have to select the Non Credit term to register in a driver improvement class.
|Class #||Catalog #||Section||Dates||Time||Location||Cost||CEU's|
|32315||TRNS 1008||W01B||6/15/13||8am- 5pm||UBOE- E148||$60||0.8|
|32316||TRNS 1008||W02B||7/20/13||8am- 5pm||UBOE- E148||$60||0.8|
Tidewater Community College's
Virginia Beach Campus at the Lynnhaven Building,
1700 College Crescent Virginia Beach, VA 23453-1918