Page Content Main Links Local Links Utility Links Footer Links
TCC Home Page Login to myTCC
rollover the links above to activate the sub menus
Getting Started at Tidewater Community college
Tidewater Community College is ready to help you get started pursuing your dreams, goals, and challenges.
Please follow the steps below.
If you need assistance, contact the TCC Information Center at 822.1122.
Print info ~ Catalog ~ Student Handbook ~ Programs and degrees ~ Office Hours
Financial Aid TV
STEP 1 - Determine Eligibility for Admission.
- Individuals are eligible for general admission to Tidewater Community College as curricular students if they have a high school diploma or the equivalent, or if they are 18 years of age or older and are able to benefit from study at the college, based on the college’s placement testing policies and procedures.
- High school graduates (or General Educational Development diploma [GED] completers) who score below the college’s required scores must enroll in appropriate developmental courses and may enroll only in those college credit courses for which they meet developmental prerequisites.
- Applicants who have completed a home-school high school program are eligible for admission under the college’s general admissions policy.
- For additional information concerning applicants with other educational backgrounds, please refer to the College Catalog> General Information> Admission to the College.
Admission Under Special Provision
Admission of International Students
STEP 2 - Apply for Financial Aid. Financial Aid TV
- Students may apply for Financial Aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Tidewater Community College’s FAFSA application deadline is April 1 and it is advised that the application for financial aid be completed as early as possible.
- The college code for TCC is 003712 and it must be listed on the FAFSA in order for the college to receive your financial aid information.
- Apply for Montgomery G.I. Bill Education Benefits (MGIB).
- Students who have served in the U.S. military should apply for Veterans education benefits by completing the application available at your campus Office of Veteran Affairs.
STEP 3 - Apply for Admission to Tidewater Community College.
STEP 4 - Take the Placement Tests.
Prepare for the placement test by completing practice tests for both English and Mathematics
- Find the assessment testing schedule and information for SAT/ACT waivers
- The $4.00 testing fee can be paid at any campus Business Office.
- Students should present their receipt and a photo ID when they arrive to take the test.
STEP 5 - Attend or participate in a new student orientation session.
- All new students should attend a new student orientation session as part of the First Year Success Program.
- Sessions provide a review of the placement scores and class placement, TCC college curricula, tuition and financial aid information, important academic dates, enrollment procedures, class scheduling, and academic planning.
Academic advisors are available at each session to help students develop an academic plan to meet their academic and career goals.
Orientation sessions dates and times
STEP 6 - Enroll in Classes. - more
- Fill out an Enrollment Worksheet.
- Students needing enrollment assistance should contact one of our campus enrollment services offices for details of process.
- Students can enroll online at myTCC.
- If students need assistance accessing the online system, they should call the TCC Information Center at 757-822-1122.
- Students should print their class schedule ( How?) and bring it with them the first week of classes.
STEP 7 - Pay Tuition by Deadline.
STEP 8 - Obtain Your Student ID Card for Access to Campus Programs and Services.
STEP 9 - Purchase Books.
- It is recommended that students obtain their textbooks prior to the start of classes.
- Students should take a printed copy of their class schedule to the bookstore so the staff can assist with textbook purchases and/or rentals.
- Students using financial aid to charge books will also need a photo ID and SIS student ID number.
1428 Cedar Road Chesapeake VA 23322
Phone Number: (757) 822-5021
VTDD Number: (757) 822-5101
120 Campus Drive
Portsmouth VA 23701
VTDD Number: (757) 483-5154
300 Granby Street Norfolk VA 23510
Phone Number: (757) 822-1206
VTDD Number: (757) 822-1248
Virginia Beach Campus
1700 College Crescent Virginia Beach VA 23453
Welcome & Entry Services (757) 822-7172
VTDD Number: (757) 430-1401
Phone Number and Email
adobe acrobat Note: Acrobat Reader is free software which you MUST have to open and read pdf files. If you do not have Acrobat Reader on your PC, you may download it quickly by following the instructions at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
© 2013 Tidewater Community College
- Website Content Disclaimer
Comments: Web Services @ TCC
Last revision: April 30, 2013