Orientation is the first step to achieve academic and personal success at TCC! Orientation supports student success by facilitating the transition of new students into the college. It is your initial integration into life at TCC, preparing you for broad educational opportunities, services, and student responsibilities.
All new students should attend an orientation session and since enrolling in college impacts your family, we encourage you to invite them to join you.
Students should attend an in-person session after taking the placement test, unless exempt. Advisors are available to assist you in choosing a major, selecting your courses and completing the registration process. A campus tour is usually conducted during the campus based orientation sessions. Therefore, participants are encouraged to dress appropriately.
If you are a distant learner and are unable to attend a campus based orientation session, you should complete the online orientation.
Please contact e-Advisor@tcc.edu if you have any questions after completing the entire online orientation.
Following participation in orientation, you should be able to:
- Identify college services and resources that are available to enhance your academic success and overall college experience.
- Understand and be able to apply many of TCC's policies and procedures.
- Recognize your personal responsibilities in the financial aid process, as applicable.
- Identify and utilize many of the college's online resources.
- Understand general academic requirements.
Please contact your campus First Year Success (FYS) Office if you have any questions.
FYS Office Contact Information
Chesapeake CampusTCC Chesapeake Phone: 757-822-5192
Norfolk CampusTCC Norfolk Phone: 757-822-1514
Portsmouth CampusTCC Portsmouth Phone: 757-822-2169
Virginia Beach CampusTCC Virginia Beach Phone: 757-822-7519