Page Content Main Links Local Links Utility Links Footer Links
TCC Home Page Login to myTCC
rollover the links above to activate the sub menus
Health Professions: Occupational Therapy Assistant
Prepare for a rewarding career assisting patients who have physical or mental disabilities in becoming independent with daily living skills.
Questions answered OTA Program - FAQ
Pre-admission requirements, applications, decisions, clinicals
Get started. Attend Open House!
Earn a TCC Associate of Applied Science degree: Occupational Therapy Assistant
Official TCC catalog information web page
Deadline to apply: March 15
Accreditation ~ Certification
Program graduates outcome data
Occupational Therapist Assistants,
Bureau of Labor Statistics (off-site link)
Print Information Packet with Program Application Get Acrobat Reader now.
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program is accredited by:
The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
4720 Montgomery Lane Ste 200
Bethesda, MD 20814-3449
Phone: (301) 652-2682
Next Site Visit 2022/23
National Certification for COTA
Graduates of the OTA Program will be eligible to sit for the national certification examination for the occupational therapy assistant administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- After successful completion of this exam, the individual will be a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) ( NBCOT website).
- Most states require licensure in order to practice; however, state licenses are usually based on the results of the NBCOT Certification Examination.
- Note: A felony conviction may affect a graduate's ability to sit for the NBOCT certification exam or attain the state licensure.
- Note: All OTA students must complete Level II Fieldwork within 18 months following completion of academic preparation.
Outcome Data 2012-2014
Total number of program graduates 76
Total number of first-time test-takers of the NBCOT exam 74
Total number of first-time test takers who passed the NBCOT certification exam 63
First-time test-takers pass rate 2012-2014 87%
First year test-takers pass rate 2012-2014 97%
Student retention rate 2012-2014 95%
Jobs after graduating.
Between 2012 and 2014, 90% of all graduates who sought employment found jobs within six months of graduating the program.
Contact: wmarciltcc.edu Disclaimer
© 2015 Tidewater Community College
- Website Content Disclaimer
Comments: Web Services @ TCC
Last revision: January 21, 2015