Page Content Main Links Local Links Utility Links Footer Links
TCC Home Page Login to myTCC
rollover the links above to activate the sub menus
Criminal Background Check
Please check your program's unique website for requirements prior to submitting a background check.
Cost: responsibility of student
health care symbols
Health Professions students assigned to clinical rotations or internships at some healthcare facilities are personally responsible for
completing the required background checks or screenings and
assuring that results are obtained by the healthcare or medical facility that asks for them.
- It will be the decision of the clinical affiliate (healthcare or medical facility) whether the student will be allowed to participate in the clinical activities should there be positive criminal or sex offender results.
Possible criminal/sex offender background check by the Virginia State Police for certain clinical placements required for graduation
- Students may not request to be assigned only to those sites that do not require such checks.
Students who refuse to undergo a criminal background check or drug screen or other required check may not be able to be placed at another facility and consequently may not be able to complete program requirements and graduate.
- TCC will make reasonable efforts to place all enrolled students in clinical training.
- Tidewater Community College does not assume any responsibility for obtaining or evaluating the results of a criminal background check, drug screen or other check, maintaining the records of results or for delivering them to clinical sites.
- Students are also reminded that licensing boards for certain health care occupations and professions may deny, suspend or revoke a license or may deny the individual the opportunity to sit for an examination if an applicant has a criminal history or is convicted or pleads guilty or nolo contendere to a felony or other serious crime.
Successful completion of a health professions program of study at TCC does not guarantee licensure, the opportunity to sit for a licensure examination, certification or employment in the relevant heath care occupation.
The vendor for criminal background checks is Certified Background. http://www.certifiedbackground.com/
© 2014 Tidewater Community College
- Website Content Disclaimer
Comments: Web Services @ TCC
Last revision:01/06/04 March 06, 2009