Why Co-Sponsor with UPC
The University Programs Council is the largest student-run programming organization at UVA. UPC has a vast array of knowledge and experience in programming events of all types, sizes, and costs. If your CIO is looking to host an event but needs assistance with brainstorming, planning logistics, advertising, etc., UPC is able to help in all elements of event planning. However, UPC is not solely a funding board and therefore will not solely fund an event. We ask that co-sponsorship requests come in at least 8 weeks before the anticipated date of the event.
How to Co-Sponsor with UPC
- Submit Co-Sponsor Proposal Form.
- Receive an e-mail notification within 2 weeks from UPC.
- Schedule a meeting with the Director who contacts you.
- Complete the Event Proposal Form, Budget Form, and Co-Sponsorship Contract with the Director.
- The Director will submit the Event Proposal Form, Budget Form, and Co-Sponsorship Contract to the Vice Chairs of Programming.
- Wait for approval from the Vice Chairs of Programming.
**Note: You cannot begin planning the event until after the event is approved by the Vice Chairs of Programming.
- If the event is approved, the Director will contact you to start the planning process.
UPC seeks to collaborate with CIOs and other groups around Grounds through co-sponsorships. It creates opportunities for groups to come together through innovative events and programs. Are you interested in co-sponsoring an event with UPC?
Apply here! (Requests for the Spring 2013 are no longer being accepted as we have finished out planning events for the year. We will be taking co-sponsorship requests for the Fall 2013 semester though!)