Why Co-Sponsor with UPC
The University Programs Council is the largest student-run programming organization at UVA. UPC has a vast array of knowledge and experience in programming events of all types, sizes, and costs. If your CIO is looking to host an event but needs assistance with brainstorming, planning logistics, advertising, etc., UPC is able to help in all elements of event planning. However, UPC is not solely a funding board and therefore will not solely fund an event. We ask that co-sponsorship requests come in at least 8 weeks before the anticipated date of the event.
How to Co-Sponsor with UPC
- Submit Co-Sponsorship Proposal Form.
- Your event will be evaluated to determine whether or not it meets the basic criteria for a cosponsorship. If it does, it will be forwarded to the appropriate director, and you will be alerted of the status of your request
- The director will discuss with his/her committee and determine whether or not they would like to pursue the event. The director will contact you and inform you of their decision within one week.
- Meet with the director of the committee to turn the idea into a complete event and iron out the details regarding the nature of the co-sponsorship.
- Fill out the Event Proposal and Budget Form with the director, and submit them to the Vice Chairs of Programming.
- Within one week, the Vice Chairs of Programming will approve or deny the event. **Note: The co-sponsorship is not finalized until the Event Proposal and Budget forms are approved by the Vice Chairs of Programming.
- If the event is approved, the director will contact you to move forward with the event planning process.
Basic Criteria for initial approval:
- Proposed event date is at least 8 weeks away
- UPC must do all contracting with performers
- Event fits within scope and limits of UPC interests and budget
UPC seeks to collaborate with CIOs and other groups around Grounds through co-sponsorships. It creates opportunities for groups to come together through innovative events and programs. Are you interested in co-sponsoring an event with UPC?
Apply here! (Requests for Spring 2015 are currently being accepted)