Why Co-Sponsor with UPC
The University Programs Council is the largest student-run programming organization at UVA. UPC has a vast array of knowledge and experience in programming events of all types, sizes, and costs. If your CIO is looking to host an event but needs assistance with brainstorming, planning logistics, advertising, etc., UPC is able to help in all elements of event planning. However, UPC is not solely a funding board and therefore will not solely fund an event. We ask that co-sponsorship requests come in at least 8 weeks before the anticipated date of the event.
How to Co-Sponsor with UPC
- Submit Co-Sponsorship Proposal Form.
- TJ Burke, CIO Connections director, will contact you within a week if your cosponsorship meets the appropriate criteria.
- Complete the Event Proposal Form, Budget Form, and Marketing Proposal with the Director.
- The Director will submit these documents to the Vice Chairs of Programming.
- Within one week, the Vice Chairs of Programming will approve or deny the event.
**Note: You cannot begin planning the event until after the event is approved by the Vice Chairs of Programming.
- If the event is approved, the TJ Burke will contact you to move forward with the planning process.
UPC seeks to collaborate with CIOs and other groups around Grounds through co-sponsorships. It creates opportunities for groups to come together through innovative events and programs. Are you interested in co-sponsoring an event with UPC?
Apply here! (Requests for Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 are currently being accepted)