Illinois identity graphic



Students in debt to the University are not entitled to receive diplomas or official transcripts until the indebtedness has been paid or suitable arrangements for payment have been made, unless the student has a pending bankruptcy petition seeking a discharge of all such indebtedness, or such indebtedness has been discharged.

Formerly and currently enrolled students who have paid their University charges are entitled to receive, upon written request, official transcripts of their academic records. Students who graduate or withdraw from the University and have outstanding loans from the University of Illinois will not be issued official transcripts or diplomas until they have completed exit interviews with the University Student Financial Services and Cashier Operations, 162 Henry Administration Building

Order a Transcript

A transcript includes a student's courses, grades, GPA, and degree. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign official transcripts bear the signature of the Registrar on officially printed paper or are in electronic version sent directly from the institution to the recipient.

The Office of the Registrar, in partnership with SCRIP-SAFE® International, is pleased to offer electronic delivery of transcripts in PDF format through eSCRIP-SAFE® which must be ordered in the Transcripts on Demand® ordering system.

Transfer Credit

Do you want to take courses from another University, Institution, or College? Would you like to know if/how these courses will apply towards your University of Illinois degree? Contact your college.


Transcripts are education records. The federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. Learn more about FERPA.

Degree/Enrollment Verification

Do you need to show that you are enrolled at or earned a degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign?

Notarized Transcript / Certified Copy of Diploma / Apostille

Some foreign countries may require special treatment of official University documents. Learn more about obtaining these documents.

Replacement or Duplicate Diploma

Need another diploma? Order your University of Illinois diploma through The Office of the Registrar today. You can also check the status of your diploma if you have placed an order, or not yet received your initial copy.

Text Only Options

Top of page

Text Only Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a UsableNet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.