Office of General Education
The Liberal Arts and Sciences Core Curriculum
A liberal arts and sciences education at Queens College provides you with opportunities to:
- Study various areas of knowledge from diverse perspectives.
- Cultivate critical and creative abilities for independent thinking.
- Develop skills to negotiate an increasingly interconnected world.
- Participate as part of a well-rounded, well-educated, and democratic public.
- Become an expert in your field through in-depth study of a specific area – your major.
A broad range of liberal arts courses allows you to better understand yourself and the world around you, preparing you for your future beyond Queens College.
The Queens College Core and CUNY Pathways
Which Core Curriculum do YOU follow?
Starting Fall 2013, incoming students will follow a new liberal arts curriculum designed to meet the requirements of the CUNY Pathways Initiative. We call this new curriculum the QC Core. Pathways is the new transfer system for all CUNY colleges, which includes the Required Core, Flexible Core and College Option. Through Pathways, you can transfer your credits seamlessly from one CUNY college to another.
QC Core Curriculum
Perspectives (PLAS) Curriculum "Opting in"