Financial Aid for PVCC's Fall 2013 Semester
By Thursday, Aug. 1, submit the online FAFSA (federal financial aid form) at www.fafsa.ed.gov to find out if you qualify for financial aid for the fall semester and receive it in time to pay tuition and fees for the classes you want. If you delay filing, you may need to pay tuition and fees yourself to hold your classes until you're awarded financial aid. See workshop below.
Save the Date!
Financial Aid Workshop for Fall Semester
Saturday, June 22, 2013, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
PVCC Main Campus, 501 College Drive
Attend this workshop to get one-on-one help completing and electronically filing your federal financial aid form. You will be notified of your eligibility for financial aid in time to register for fall classes and purchase your books. See documents to bring.
Online FAFSA Tutorial
Reapply for financial aid
View my financial aid account
- Students (and parents for dependent students) complete a FAFSA with the correct tax information.
- Around five business days later the Federal Government sends the FAFSA information to PVCC.
- The day PVCC gets the FAFSA information they mass process it and send the student a communication (around eight business days from the day their FAFSA was submitted).
- The communication will be one of three types:
- Here is the amount of federal and/or state funds for which you are eligible. (Award Announcement)
- We need additional information. (Bring it ASAP.)
- You are not eligible for federal or state funding for academic or other reasons. (Sometimes you can appeal. Do so ASAP.)
- When you get Communication A - grant funds are already in your award account at PVCC. If you are only eligible for loans the award will occur after you have returned your loan request form, completed an MPN and the loan is processed.
- When you have an award on your account, your tuition bill will still show until mid-semester, when financial aid awards are subtracted from bills by the business/cashier's office.
- In mid-semester, award funds over and above your bills will be mailed to the address you have in the student database. (Make sure your address is correct.)