“Our goal is not only to help with remediation, but to lead you to academic excellence!”
The University College Tutoring Center provides a valuable service to the student population of Marshall University, and we are pleased to offer it. We provide a safe, comfortable environment for students.
When you participate in a tutoring session, there are a few things we expect from you as a student in order to get the most out of your tutoring session(s):
- Please attempt to solve the problem(s) yourself first. Before you come to a tutoring session, please read your assignment. This will help you and the tutor to focus on the aspects of the assignment that are giving you difficulty.
- Be as specific as possible about the area(s) you don’t understand and/or the problem(s) you are having.
- Please be patient. Tutors are available to help you, but they may not always have all the answers. It could take time to give you an answer to your problem (depending on the complexity of the problem).
- Please let a staff person know if a particular tutor “match” is not working out; different students have different learning styles and each tutor “instructs” differently. We will be happy to pair you with another tutor if one is available.
- Please do not wait until the last minute to request help in your subject.
- Please be courteous to your tutor and to the other students who might be working in the tutoring area. Unruly conduct will not be tolerated.
We hope you have a successful tutoring session! If you have any difficulties during your tutoring session, please let us know immediately.