Students should come prepared when meeting with an advisor. This is especially true during peak advising times such as registration for the next term. You will find that your advising sessions will go more smoothly and take less time.
Here are some tips on meeting with your advisor:
- If you are needing registration assistance, come with a proposed (or potential) schedule.
- Check your status on myMU and make sure you have taken care of all holds- financial and others.
- If you know what major you are interested in, read over the course requirements curriculum sheet for that major.
- Turn off your cell phone before entering the advising appointment.
- Try not to bring small children to the advising center.
- Memorize your student number.
- To avoid long wait times, come to the advising center as early as possible (within office hours).
- Do not wait until the day you are eligible to register to see your advisor.
Sherri Stepp, Director, Laidley Hall Room 119A, 304-696-7038, firstname.lastname@example.org
Patricia Gallagher, Academic Counselor, Coordinator of Tutoring Services, Laidley Hall Room 111, 304-696-3464, email@example.com
Amber Bentley, Academic Counselor, Advising Coordinator, Laidley Hall Room 113, 304-696-7039, firstname.lastname@example.org
University College: Email Us
Fax Number: 304-696-7041
Marshall University – One John Marshall Drive – Huntington, WV 25755