History of the Marshall University Mathematics Department
The document " History of the Department of Mathematics" by Elizabeth Hines Czompo, dated May 5, 1976, has a detailed account of the history of the Marshall University mathematics department from 1869 to 1975.
The history of the department from 1975 to 2005 has been collated by Dr. Evelyn Pupplo-Cody.
Edith Clarke (1883–1959) taught at Marshall before her renowned career as an engineer.
Former department chairs
The first administrative assistant for the department was hired in 1969.
- Mrs. Sylvia Sears was the first secretary to work in the Mathematics Department. She began in 1969 and worked until at least 1975.
- Mrs. Pauline Weiler was secretary in 1978 and at least until 1985.
- Mrs. June Adkins was secretary in 1989 until c. 1995.
- Mrs. Kitty Kelly-Smoot was the program assistant from c. 1995 until c. 2002.
- Ms. Stacy Good has been the program assistant from 2002 until the present.