- The Bronx Institute at Lehman College is on a roll with the acquisition of yet another major grant. This one is a six-year $1.9 million grant from the New York State Higher Education Services Corp. for the Institute’s acclaimed GEAR UP program. Bronx Institute Nets New $3.8 Million Grant for GEAR UP Program.
- Professor of music Penny Prince has a busy spring ahead of her. During the Dean’s Award on April 16, the Lehman College community will get a peek at her new production of Cinderella when two songs are performed. Then, on April 22, Prof. Prince will be honored by the Music Educators’ Association of New York (MEANY) for her inspiring teaching style. Lehman Professor Honored for Her Commitment to Collaborative Teaching.
- “Are we ready?” That was the question Francisco Marmolejo, the Lead Tertiary Education Specialist of the World Bank, posed as he delivered the 46th Annual Herbert H. Lehman Memorial Lecture in the Lovinger Theatre. Throughout his thought-provoking and entertaining talk Marmolejo, stressed the many ways that the world has changed in his lifetime, and the [...] Francisco Marmolejo Delivers the 46th Annual Herbert H. Lehman Memorial Lecture.
- Lehman College is offering students an academic “guarantee.” And if students agree to the conditions, they’ll be able to enroll in an innovative degree program that is the first of its kind at any CUNY institution. It’s the college’s new Fast 4 Business program, launched this semester and offering a bachelors degree in business administration [...] Lehman Announces the Fast 4 Business “Guarantee”.
- New York is the city that never sleeps – or pays attention when pedestrians cross busy Midtown streets. At least that’s what a new study published in the Journal of Community Health co-authored by Professor Danna Ethan (Health Sciences) and featured in the New York Daily News recently found. Professor Ethan and her co-authors observed distracted [...] Study Co-Authored by Lehman Professor Featured in the New York Daily News.
- A recent investigation by New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman concluded that many of the herbal supplements sold by retailers Wal-Mart, Target and Walgreens contained fake ingredients. The supplements were subjected to DNA testing and the results showed that only 21 percent of the products had DNA from the plants or herbs advertised on [...] Lehman Professor Says Botanical Supplements Industry Must “Clean Up Its Act”.
- Marina Lebron, the CEO and founder of the Prisoner’s Green Market won first prize and $1,000 in the prestigious Columbia-Harlem Small Business Development Center’s elevator pitch competition on February 23. The victory was a triumph for a member of Lehman’s inaugural Bronx Business Bridge incubator that launched two weeks ago. The incubator is providing entrepreneurs [...] Incubator Client Wins Prestigious Award from Columbia Business School.
- It was a technology event showcasing Israeli startups based in New York City where innovation, ingenuity and tech prowess were all on equal display. The Bronx Technology Showcase on February 19th at Lehman’s Lovinger Theatre also gave Israeli Consul General Ido Aharoni an opportunity to announce a $100,000 pilot scholarship program aimed at supporting Hispanic [...] Israeli Consul General Announces Scholarship Program for Hispanic Students at Bronx Technology Showcase.
- The Bronx Institute at Lehman College launch of the new BOOST program (Bronx Opportunities Out-of School Time) offers 90 Bronx middle school students a rich opportunity to explore potential interests, ranging from zoology to television broadcasting.These BOOST students all attend the Bronx School for Law, Government and Justice. New York City’s Department of Youth and [...] The Bronx Institute Awarded 1.1 Million Dollar Grant for Innovative BOOST After-School Program.
- Watch Molly Morkoski live at Lehman’s Multimedia Center tonight. Morkoski, also an Associate Professor of Music at Lehman College, will be performing works by Gabriela Lena Frank, Steven Mackey, and John Kaefer. Tania León, the founder and Artistic Director of Composers Now, and a Distinguished Professor of Composition at the CUNY Graduate Center, will moderate the event, [...] Concert Conversations with Composers—Live at Lehman Multimedia Center.
- Michael Deas, the director of Lehman’s Urban Male Leadership Program (UMLP) was honored by the Bronx Chamber of Commerce , as a leader who has made significant social and educational contributions to the city. Director Deas was recognized alongside luminaries such as former New York City Mayor David Dinkins, newly elected Speaker of the New York [...] Michael Deas, Director of the Lehman Urban Male Leadership Program, Receives Bronx Chamber of Commerce Honor.
- Having the good fortune or ‘bonne fortune’ to participate in an international internship in the South of France is about to become a reality for eight Lehman College business and economic majors. The program in partnership with The University of Montpellier, will offer Lehman students a two-week internship with various companies near the university. The [...] Eight Lehman Students to Receive International Internships in France.