- The Bronx Institute at Lehman College has been keeping busy, having recently coordinated two important events showcasing some of the organization’s best and brightest. Bronx School Children Get a Lesson in Economics, STEM Fields.
- Lehman College is one of sixteen colleges and universities nationwide to receive study abroad scholarships from the Institute of International Education (IIE). New Scholarships to Aid Students Studying Abroad.
- A typical day for Peace Officer Elizabeth Ventura at the High School of American Studies at Lehman College begins with securing the building for the students and staff, and then checking in visitors throughout the day. Lehman Peace Officer Awarded UFT Appreciation Award.
- Dr. Eleanore T. Wurtzel of Lehman College’s Biological Sciences Department and the Graduate Center, CUNY is on a mission to develop plants that are rich in provitamin A carotenoids, an ingredient critical to the elimination of Vitamin A deficiency around the world. Researchers at Lehman College discover missing link needed for solving global vitamin A deficiency.
- Professor Penny Prince of the Music Department is the recipient of a 2015 BRIO (Bronx Recognizes Its Own) award for music composition. More Honors and Awards for Music Prof. Penny Prince.
- President Barack Obama visited Lehman College today to announce the formation of the My Brother’s Keeper Alliance, a new independent nonprofit foundation that aims to address opportunity gaps among minority boys and young men. President Obama Launches Major New Initiative at Lehman College.
- Lehman College students took third place in the Student Quiz Bowl at the American College of Sports Medicine’s Greater New York Regional Chapter spring conference earlier this month. Lehman Students Take Third Place at ACSM Student Quiz Bowl.
- Leslie Vale Zapata sets no limits on what she can do; and once she puts her mind to something, it’s as good as done. Art Major Finds Inner Peace, Success Through Sculpting.
- “This conversation is about the characteristics we believe students possess upon graduation from Lehman College,” says Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs Anny Morrobel-Sosa. “These characteristics should be reflective of Lehman’s mission and core values, and they should be expressed through the totality of a student’s curricular and co-curricular experience. Our conversation is also about who we are and who we aspire to be…it is about how we will strengthen, design, and build the future Lehman.” A Conversation About Lehman College Graduates.
- The 35th Annual Arthur Sweeny, Jr. Lecture will be delivered this year by 2009 Nobel Laureate Thomas A. Steitz, the Sterling Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry at Yale University. Prof. Steitz, who will deliver his talk, “From the Structure and Function of the Ribosome to New Antibiotics,” is also an Investigator at the Howard [...] Nobel Laureate Thomas A. Steitz to Deliver the 35th Annual Sweeny Lecture.
- The goal of the Center is to foster interdisciplinary collaboration among students and faculty in the departments of chemistry, math and computer science, and physics and astronomy; and to build a robust science community. A Science Community Grows at Lehman.
- Lehman College junior Allie Bernasconi has been named the CUNY Athletic Conference/Hospital for Special Surgery Scholar-Athlete of the Month, for March, 2015. Bernasconi of the women’s indoor track and field program, made a name for herself nationally while maintaining a strong GPA in Lehman’s Sociology program. “It’s definitely a good experience because I’ve gotten a lot [...] Bernasconi Named CUNYAC/HSS Scholar-Athlete of the Month.