- Thanks to a partnership between Intel, Lehman College and the Department of Education, three South Bronx students from High School/Middle School 223, designed their own robots that used a 3D printer to bring their creations to life. The pilot program with Lehman, Students and Robots, is part of Intel’s 21st Century Robot Project, which seeks to [...] Bronx Students Design Their Own Robots—Thanks to Intel and Lehman College.
- Alcántara works at the White House as the associate director of Intergovernmental Affairs where he liaises with local officials across the country. He started there in 2012 as an intern. Elías Alcántara (’08) Makes ‘Huffington Post’s’ 40 Under 40: Latinos in Ameircan Politics List.
- Cafeteria head chef Hector Morales had two problems: the first was that a very close friend of his was dying and the second was that soon he would have to find a home for the brand new wheelchair mobility scooter that his friend would soon leave behind. Student Receives Unexpected Gift from Lehman’s Head Chef.
- Paleoanthropologist Eric Delson of Lehman's Anthropology Department was quoted in an article in the New York Times about the recent discovery of cave paintings found on the island of Sulawesi in Indonesia. Prof. Eric Delson Weighs In On Recent Discovery of Cave Paintings in Indonesia.
- Two Lehman students, Kiyoko Hairston and Syeda Kabir, have demonstrated such determination in the face of adversity that the Women’s Forum of New York has awarded them each a fellowship. Two Lehman Students Awarded Women’s Forum Fellowships.
- Bronx students are getting in touch with their inner chemist through a chemistry app-building program at the Bronx Institute at Lehman College—it’s thanks in large part to a major two-year, $150,000 grant from the Verizon Foundation. Bronx Students Learn to Code Chemistry Apps at The Bronx Institute.
- Crain’s New York Business has named Lehman President Ricardo R. Fernández to its “People to Watch in Higher Education” list. Joining him there are new CUNY Chancellor James Milliken and Rudolph Crew, president of Medgar Evers College. President Fernández Named to Top Ten ‘People to Watch in Higher Ed.’ List.
- Professor Christa Salamandra, a Syrian media specialist and associate professor of anthropology at Lehman and the Graduate Center, was a recent guest on NY1’s Inside City Hall program with Josh Robin. Prof. Christa Salamandra Talks About Islamic State Crisis on NY1 Online.
- Right now Ewul works closely with his mentor Dr. Andrei Jitianu in his lab, where he is conducting research on materials for bone regeneration. Senior Wins Major NIH Scholarship for Research.
- CUNY's Board of Trustees has named the Mexican Studies Institute at Lehman College in honor of immigrant and successful businessman Jaime Lucero. CUNY’s Mexican Studies Institute at Lehman College named for Businessman Jaime Lucero.
- “Governments in the region have extraordinary degrees of corruption, militarism with repression internally, and elite social classes that do not prioritize policies that advance education or economic opportunities for advancement,” said Prof. Bergad. Laird Bergad Talks with CUNY-TV’s Bob Herbert About Unaccompanied Minors Entering the U.S..
- The program will allow for two clinical fellows from the hospital – Shane Drakes, M.D., and Daniel Tsukanov, D.O., – to work closely with the student-athletes to provide comprehensive sports medical care. The fellows will be present at all home contests, and will serve office hours during the week, to provide physicals, and work to prevent and treat athletic injuries. Lehman Athletics Partners with Montefiore Medical Center In Sports Medicine Fellowship Program.