Summer Orientation Sessions
LL.M. Concentrations in Taxation and BusinessDeposit/Photo Family and Guests
The deposit formalizes your acceptance into the program and will be applied to your first semester’s tuition.
You may pay your $100 nonrefundable deposit in one of two ways:
1) by mailing a check to the LL.M. Admissions Office, The University of Alabama School of Law, Box 870382, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0382; or
2) by paying online with a credit card number through your mybama account (the same account you may have used to check the status of your application and that you will use to register for courses, pay tuition etc.)
Also to formalize your acceptance into the program, email a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org (if you have not already done so).
Tax Orientation Registration:
Business Orientation Registration:
If you need to change a reservation please email your request to email@example.com.
You will be able to click on a date below for a copy of the schedule when available (coming soon).
Tax Orientation Sessions:
Friday, June 27 – Saturday, June 28
Friday, July 11 – Saturday, July 12
Business Orientation Sessions:
Friday, June 27 – Saturday, June 28
Friday, August 1 – Saturday, August 2
Blocks of rooms have been reserved at the Hotel Capstone conveniently located within walking distance of the Law School. Click here to make a reservation or get directions. Most hotels in town are located along McFarland Boulevard. The Law School is located no more than a 5 to 15 minute drive from ANY of the hotels in Tuscaloosa or Northport.
All meals will be provided on Friday and through lunch on Saturday. If you have dietary restrictions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be responsible for your own transportation while attending an orientation session. You may rent a car at the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport.
You are encouraged to use the message board link below to make arrangements to share rental cars with other students attending your same session.
Both in making arrangements for orientation and throughout the program, we encourage you to network with your classmates. You may use the message board below to post a message about sharing rental cars or hotel accommodations with students attending your orientation session. You will need to “apply for membership” the first time you use the message board but you can create any log-in name and password.
You are welcome to bring family members and guests to Orientation. However, orientation meetings and meals have been reserved for program training and networking, Spouses or children who are accompanying admitted students to Orientation may be interested in visiting the Children’s Hands-On Museum or the Paul “Bear” Bryant Museum.
Wireless internet access and desktop computers with internet access will be provided. If you bring your laptop to Orientation, we will set you up on the Law School’s wireless network. We will also run a setup program to prepare your computer for the internet classroom used throughout the program. You will be given your own microphone headset at Orientation. If you already have a microphone headset, you may run this setup program before you come to campus by clicking here and following the instructions.
In July, temperatures in Tuscaloosa average around 91F with very high humidity. For the latest weather conditions and forecasts, visit The Weather Channel website. http://www.weather.com/
Tuscaloosa is on Central Standard Time.
6:00 p.m. – New York
5:00 p.m. – Chicago
4:00 p.m. – Denver
3:00 p.m. – Los Angeles
The attire for the orientation session is business casual.
If you require any special accommodations please email email@example.com.
The east and west parking lots (to the left and right of the front of the Law School) will be reserved for students attending orientation sessions.
From Birmingham (I-20/59):
* Take the McFarland Boulevard Exit (Exit 73).
* At the bottom of the exit ramp, turn right onto McFarland Boulevard West. Stay in the far right lane.
* After approximately 3 miles, take the University Boulevard Exit. The exit curves to the right.
* At the top of the exit ramp, turn to the right and immediately get into the far-left lane. DCH Hospital will be on your left.
* Go through one traffic light.
* At the next traffic light turn left onto Paul Bryant Drive. (You will have the choice of going straight on University or bearing left on Paul Bryant–take the left).
* Get into the left lane and proceed through one traffic light.
* The Law School is on the left-hand side of the road approximately 1/4 of a mile past the traffic light.
From Montgomery (Highway 82):
* Highway 82 turns into McFarland Boulevard. Follow directions above from McFarland Boulevard.
* You may also take Interstate 65 North to Birmingham from Montgomery and follow the directions above from that point.
From Meridian (I-20/59):
* Take exit 71 (I-359).
* I-359 turns into Lurleen Wallace Boulevard. Get into the right-hand lane and turn right onto Paul Bryant Drive.
* Continue on Paul Bryant Drive until you see the Law School on your right
From Highway 69N:
* Highway 69N turns into I-359, which turns into Lurleen Wallace Boulevard. Get into the right-hand lane and turn right onto Paul Bryant Drive.
* Continue on Paul Bryant Drive until you see the Law School on your right.