Hiretouch form instructions
Starting a Workflow in HireTouch
Log into HireTouch, click on jobs, then Start a Workflow (located on the right hand side of the screen). Choose the Job Template that is appropriate for your proposed appointment. Hiring Request Forms (HRFs) are included in all templates that require the form. PAPEs are included for each AP template. It is very important that you select the correct workflow at the very beginning of the process.
For a list of templates click here.
Academic Professional Appointment Change
Academic Professional Search
Academic Professional Search Waiver
AP/Other Academic Hiring Request Form (no search)
Civil Service Hiring Request/Employee Requisition
Civil Service Reclassification
Dual Career Program Waiver, Academic Professional (Provost Comm. 8)
Dual Career Program Waiver, Faculty/Other Academic (Provost Comm. 8)
Faculty and Other Academics Appointment Change
Faculty and Other Academics Search
Faculty and Other Academics Search Waiver
Faculty Excellence Waiver (Provost Comm. 4)
Post Doc Resrch Assoc
Provost Comm. 3 - Transmittal for 0% Faculty Appointments
Provost Comm. 3 - Transmittal for Cases Forwarded for Second-Level Review
Provost Comm. 3 - Transmittal for Executive Officer Appointments
Provost Comm. 3 - Transmittal for Faculty Appointment with Tenure
Provost Comm. 3 - Transmittal for Requests to Add New Administrative Position
Provost Comm. 3 - Transmittal for Salaries over $90,000
Retire Rehire Approval Request
TOP Program Waiver (Provost Comm. 7)
After you choose the correct Job Template, Click "Continue". Fill in the required job details:
- Job Title- Department Name field. Do not abbreviate any portion of the title field. Please remember to enter the department name into the title field- this helps LAS and Office of Diversity find your job in HireTouch.
- Example: Coordinator of Research Programs- Psychology
- For Faculty searches: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: Dept-title. Example: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: Department of Political Science- Assistant Professor
- Chart and Org Code field: The chart for everyone is 1, the org code is the first 3 digits of your organizational code followed by three zeros. A few units do not have three zeros- Amy Elli will tell you if you are an exception. Please enter the numbers in without any spaces or dashes- (Example: 1580000). If you enter in the code incorrectly, everyone in HireTouch can view your job information and approvals may not be possible.
- The Organization Name will automatically populate after you enter your correct chart and org code.
- College Name: Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Do not change anything on this next page, scroll to the bottom and click "Continue".
You will be taken to the Forms tab for your Job.
If you do not complete each of the steps above before you are timed out you will create a blank workflow and you will need to contact the Office of Diversity to request that the correct forms be added to your workflow.
Please consult the Resources page within HireTouch for more detailed information on forms appropriate to your search process.
Hiring Request Form (HRF):
Please consult the LAS HRF Guidelines to ensure your job requires completion of the HRF
To make completion of the HRF easier, Executive Officers may want to fill out the HRF Word version and send to their appropriate Staff member for easy entering into HireTouch.
Length of appointment needs to be filled out only if the appointment is visiting. Examples would be Fall 2013 or AY 13-14.
Salary amount or range will be what the potential hire will be paid for the appointment you are proposing. If you are requesting a Fall only appointment at 50%, then the salary should be entered for that % time and length. Do not enter what a full time appointment would be paid.
HRFs contain the following questions:
- Describe the critical nature of this position/hire to the mission and success of the unit and the institution; where applicable, include specific strategic goals that are addressed.
- Could the work associated with this position be reallocated to be accomplished in another way, for example, through assignment of duties to others in the unit, reduced FTE or a partial year appointment? Could an alternate title be considered or the role reconfigured so that the work can be accomplished by someone with less experience or through training an individual whose position can be left vacated?
- Document any negative consequences that would occur if the proposed position action were delayed or remained unfilled.
- Describe the funds you have available to ensure you can make this hire without incurring deficits.
When ready to send off for approval, click "Save and continue to approvals." The approvals are the following:
1. Department: Unit Executive Officer
2. School (if applicable) or choose College, LAS Hiring
3. College, LAS Hiring
The College office will determine all other approvers based on the LAS HRF Guidelines.
Click on "Save" located in the lower left corner of the screen. As soon as the approvers are saved on the Approval page, an email will go to the Department EO and the process has begun.
Submit at the same time as the HRF. Please note: Departments and Schools DO NOT have electronic approval lines for this form. If LAS receives a PAPE with the HRF, we assume the Department and School have approved the position.
Enter all required information marked with a red *. When ready to send off for approval, click "Save and continue to approvals."
The approvals are the following:
- College, LAS Hiring
- AHR PAPE Reviewer
- PAPE Final Approver
Click on "Save" located in the lower left corner of the screen.
As soon as the approvers are saved on the Approval page, an email will go to the College, LAS Hiring In Box and the process has begun. PAPEs are approved by AHR. An approval email is sent to the Search Contact. The PAPE and HRF must be approved before the College will approve any further forms.
Enter all required information marked with a red *.
--Close Date: If you enter a date into this field, then your job will automatically be removed from jobs.illiois.edu at the end of that day (midnight). This means that no new applicants can submit a job through HireTouch and current applicants cannot add any new documents to their application.
If you do not enter a date, then your job will remain on the job board until the staff contact asks the Office of Diversity to remove the job from jobs.ilinois.edu at the end of the search process. This means that the search committee is accepting late applications. If you receive one late application, then you accept all until the time you make an offer to a finalist.
--Enter the short ad and long ad. For both ad boxes, copy your ad from word, then switch to the HireTouch screen and click on the Word clipboard icon.
Paste From Word
Paste the appropriate ad into the box that appears and click ok. You will be taken back to the Search form.
--Access to Applicant Material: these sections are divided into staff (unit contact for search, Diversity Advocate, etc.) and Search Com members. Use the Look up person to find individuals to add. If an individual is not in the look up box, they will need to be added as a casual user. Review the "Casual User Instructions" in the Resources section of HireTouch. If the casual user is a U of I employee the enterprise ID must be used as the user name.
--Search Com info: Enter the Search Chair name and title, who the proposed hire will report to, and Diversity Advocate. If the direct report is the Search Chair, the Executive Officer needs to consult chapter 2.11 of the Office of Diversity Guidelines and Process for Academic Appointment to review information on conflicts of interest. Also, enter the diversity and gender composition of the search committee.
--List all ad sources that will be utilized. Please identify sources that would help in attracting a diverse set of applicants.
Click on "Save and continue to approvals." in lower left corner of the screen to save the information.
Approvals for Search Form:
- EEO Officer- College, LAS Hiring
- OEOA- *OEOA, OEOA
Click on "Save"- lower left corner of screen.
As soon as the approvers are saved on the Approval page, an email will go to the College and the process has begun.
Saving information in HireTouch before the final submission:
As you are completing the appropriate form in HireTouch, you can always save your information and return at a later time to complete the form. At the bottom of each form, on the lower left corner is the "Save" statement. Click on this statement to save your form.
When you are ready to go back to the form to make additional edits, click on Jobs, then your specific job title, then the Forms tab. Find the form line you were working on (Apt change, AP search, PAPE, etc) and click on the "Continue" statement for that form. This will take you to your form as you last left it.
The originator of any form will always have the option of Recertifying the form, even after you have sent it off for approvals. DO NOT RECERTIFY THE FORM AFTER YOU HAVE ENTERED APPROVER NAMES AND SENT OFF THE FORM FOR REVIEW. If you do, you will take away any progress that has been made in reviewing the form and everything must begin again. The only screens you want to look at after sending the form off for review and approval are the View and Approval screens. The View screen shows you a pdf of the form you filled out. The Approval screen will tell you who has reviewed the form and who still needs to review it.
Editing a Form in HireTouch
- Go to the Forms tab and click “Approvals” on the form you wish to edit
- Click “View” (lower left corner)
- Click “Edit” (lower left corner)
- Make necessary changes
- Scroll to bottom of form and click “Submit and Continue to Approvals”
- Update the approvers if necessary and Click “Save” OR If updates are not necessary, Click “Approvals”
- If you are the approver (name in red) and you are ready to send the form to the next approver, Click “Approve”
Faculty Services and Procedures
- Advising Toolbox
- College Awards
- College Services
- Dates & Deadlines
- Employment at LAS
- Faculty Meetings
- General Education
- Hiring Procedures
- Policy Manual
- Teaching Academy