For the Official Website
of the E-Resource Center
If English is not your first language, you can receive online advice and practice with academic English through the E-Resource Center . This Center provides the following online tutorial services:
- Writing Tutorials that will help you to improve your writing of persuasive essays and research papers in APA format.
- Grammar Tutorials that will help you improve your grammar and editing abilities.Â Â
- ACT Test Tutorials that will help you develop specific ACT reading and writing skills.Â You can also take practice tests for the CUNY-ACT Reading and exams.
- 101 Course Tutorials that will help you read your textbook efficiently and understand key concepts and themes in Criminal Justice 101, Government 101 and Sociology 101.
- Faculty E-Resources also offers expertise and advice to John Jay faculty who are teaching non-native English speaking students.