To begin the admissions and registration process, you are required to do the following:
1) Submit theÂ NYPD Leadership Form to begin the admissions and enrollment process. You must be an active NYPD member in order to be eligible for the NYPD Leadership Program.
2) Request an official NYPD Academy Transcript to be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The enrollment process cannot be completed until we receive your official Academy Transcript.
3) Request for all college transcripts from institutions attended to be sent directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Send all documents to: John Jay College of Criminal Justice, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 524 West 59th Street, New York, NY 10019.
4) Once we have verified that you are an active NYPD member, we will send you an email directing you to the CUNY Portal with instructions on completing the online CUNY Direct Admit Application.
5) There is non-refundable CUNY application fee of $70 that youÂ can pay online as you complete the application.
6) Submit immunizationÂ documents to the Health Office. Before youÂ can register for classes, you will need to submit proof that you have been immunized for measles, mumps and rubella as well as complete the meningitis section of the form. The Student Health Center website is available here. Download the required immunization forms and submit to the college's Student Health Center.
You may also complete the CUNY Online Direct Admit Application process in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and present your NYPD identification for verification. Please be prepared to pay the application fee by debit, credit card, or by check or money order made payable to The University Application Processing Center.
7) After Parts One and Two have been completed, you will receive an email on how to register and what courses to take on your first semester. The course schedule can be found online under the policies and procedures link. Undergraduate students begin the program by taking ETH 190 and/or PSC 191 courses. Both courses are required. These courses can be taken consecutively. NOTE: ETH 190 and PSC 191 are prerequisites for all program electives.
TIER 1: Required foundation courses to be taken first
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â and/or
TIER 2: Elective Courses
Select two of the following courses. Students must have successfully completed ETH 190 and ETH 191 in order to register for elective courses.
â€¢ HIS 214 Immigration and Ethnicity in the United States
â€¢ LAW 313 The Law and Politics of Race Relations
â€¢ CRJ 321 Police Ethics
For registration assistance please contact The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 212.564.6529 or firstname.lastname@example.org (in the â€œSubject Sectionâ€ enter: NYPD Leadership Program) OR the Administrative Director of the NYPD Leadership Program at NYPDProgram@jjay.cuny.edu or 646.557.4775.