Professional Nursing Staff Organization
Welcome to the world of professional nursing at UVA!
All Registered Nurses employed by the UVA Health System's Medical Center, Schools of Nursing and of Medicine are automatically members of our Professional Nursing Staff Organization (PNSO).
- Call for Scholarship Applications - We're proud to again offer this special funding assistance opportunity for UVa Medical Center employees who are seeking a BSN or higher Nursing degree! Applications due 7/22; click here for eligibility information and the application form.
- Announcing our Ambulatory Shared Governance structure! The link shows the proposed structure diagram and an outline of the implementation preparations underway in June 2013! Thanks to our design committee for all of their hard work and input!
- We hope you enjoyed this year's special events during Week of the Nurse! See fun photos! We honored over 70 nominees during our 13th Annual Nursing Excellence Awards (check out NBC29's coverage on the local news). Congratulations to the eight 2013 recipients:
Mary Bristow (4C), Marie Manz (PACU), Barbara Gordon (TWP), Aileen Feola (5C), Kim Garrison (Continuum), Betsy Phipps (Social Work), Clara Winfield (SAS), and JoAnn Plencner (Continuum Home Health)
We're proud to present the 2012 PNSO Annual Report summarizing the key accomplishments of UVA Nurses!
Strengthening Our Nursing Shared Governance
- See the Shared Governance Toolkit: templates for agendas, minutes and outcomes reports; meeting facilitation tips; monthly housewide shared topics; networking communication lists; and 2013 Local & Central PNSO Committee/Chair information!
Read the Latest PNSO Publications
- Nursing Practice News: check out the latest monthly newsletter impacting your patient care!
- PNSO Annual Reports showcase the great nursing achievements of past years!
Visit the PNSO's Support Office!
Second floor of McKim Hall, Room 2099