The mission of the Women's Center is to promote a Georgia College community that is safe, equitable, and supportive for women and that celebrates their experiences, achievements, and diversity through education, leadership, support, empowerment, and advocacy.
Leading Change...The Women's Center will be a leader in advancing women through activism and by being an integral and valued part of the fabric of a safe, equitable, and supportive Georgia College community.
Our staff, both professional and student, will be knowledgeable of a feminist perspective and will strive to instill those values and beliefs into the day to day operations of the Center. We will develop innovative programs that educate our community on gender equity, violence prevention, and power inequities. We will provide services that help inform our community and raise awareness which will lead to change.
The Women's Center is guided by the following values:
- Empowerment - Support the empowerment of all women
- Feminist - Promote a feminist* perspective, celebrating differences within and amongst all
- Caring - Provide a safe and welcoming space
- Passion - Promote change through an activist orientation.
- To provide a physical space where women can share with one another, learn in a supportive, rather than, competitive fashion, and seek growth-promoting experiences.
- To provide referrals to women who are coping with transition, crisis, or any other life experience for which they need nonjudgmental support.
- To promote the eradication of individual and institutional sexism, racism, heterosexism, and other forms of prejudice and discrimination which affect us all.
- To provide women with a variety of intellectual, cultural, social, artistic, recreational, and professional growth activities.