Bills are documents passed through the Student Senate to allocate funds to approved Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) usually for special events, travel, or one time purchases. If your RSO would like to request an allocation of funds through SGA please contact your senator or complete the Application for Student Senate Bill (PDF) to start the process. Please be aware that the legislative process will take a minimum of two full weeks, allow adequate time for such before the funds are needed.
Prior to applying for funding, please be aware of the following terms and conditions:
- Only RSOs with current credentials on file with the Department of Campus Life are eligible.
- The Student Government Association allocates money strictly on a reimbursement basis only. No money will be compensated up front.
- The Treasurer of the Student Government Association must receive the original itemized receipts within 5 business days for non-event usage and 10 business days for event usage. Failure to do so will result in the forfeit of your allocation
- You will be required to provide documentation and support for your bill in the Senate Committee on Appropriations and at the 2nd reading before the Student Senate.
- It takes a minimum of two weeks or two senate sessions to approve funds, please allow adequate time for the legislative process.
If you have already received funds through a bill in the student senate and are looking to receive your reimbursement please complete the Allocated Funds Usage Form (PDF) and stop by the SGA Office.