The Division of Finance and Administration has established a division-wide Employee Recognition Program to enhance the pride and morale of employees by formally recognizing their contributions to the efficient operation of Georgia College. These awards are designed to encourage outstanding performance; reward excellence in staff achievements and recognize exceptional workplace creativity, innovation and sustained excellence in support of the university administration and operations functions.
Recipients for 2014 were:
Customer Service 4.0: Vicki Watson
Bobcat Excellence: Charles Gettis
Operational Efficiency: Facilities: Operations & Maintenance Unit
Awards will be presented annually at the divisional meeting in the following categories:
4.0 Customer Service Award
Awarded to a Finane and Administration employee who consistently demonstrates excellent customer service for their coworkers, supervisors, students, faculty, staff or the public through one or more of the following:
- Greeting customers with a cordial and welcoming manner
- Making the customer feel important and appreciated
- Ensuring all individuals are treated fairly, with courtesy and respect
- Being an effective listener to determine the customer’s needs
- Transforming complaints into valuable feedback
- Successfully meeting customer’s needs
Bobcat Excellence Award
Awarded to an employee who has worked at the college for a period of time greater than five years and consistently delivers excellent service. This award recognizes an employee who embraces GC's core values of commitment, respect, excellence, accountability and diversity. The actions cited may or may not be a normal part of the employee's job duties; however, they exhibit drive and passion to enhance the quality and future of GC through one or more of the following:
- Works hard, usually behind-the-scenes, and seldom is recognized publicly for his or her hard work
- Creates or fosters a more productive workplace
- Contributes to the overall development of department or division initiatives
- Promotes or improves the image of GC
This award will be presented to an employee or group of employees in recognition of the implementation of an initiative, project and/or technique that has either:
- Enhanced service delivery;
- Created and/or improved efficiencies;
- Supported sustainability efforts;
- Had a positive impact within the university community; OR
- Proven to be cost effective.
Eligibility for Awards
All actively employed, benefit-eligible employees of the Division of Finance and Administration are eligible. Nominee must be in good standing in the areas of performance (evaluation) and attendance. Recipients will be not be eligible for the same award for two years, but may be nominated for other categories during that two year period. Neither the Vice President for Finance & Administration nor the Executive Assistant to the Vice President are eligible for any of the awards.
Nominations may be made online at: www.gcsu.edu/businessandfinance/awards.htm or by submitting a hard copy of the nomination form to: Jen Yearwood, CBX 021, 204 Parks Hall. The nomination must indicate the award category, the person being nominated, who is nominating the person and a statement limited to one page that supports the nomination.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Division Employee Recognition Committee and the committee’s recommendation of the unranked top three nominees for each category will be forwarded to the Vice President for Finance and Administration for final selection. In the event a member of the Employee Recognition Committee is nominated for an award, he or she will not participate in the review of nominations and selection of the recipient for that particular award. The Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Finance and Administration chairs the committee in a non-voting capacity.