Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.
This past year's winning bridge in the load-bearing competition was made by Big Rapids High School in Big Rapids. The replica held 144 lbs.
The FSU Spaghetti Bridge Competition is a yearly event sponsored by the Academic Affairs office. It consists of four parts: an authentic bridge display, an oral presentation, a written report, and a load-bearing competition for grades 9-12.
The four-part event fosters team work, problem solving, and hands-on learning connected to many standards in the Michigan Curriculum Framework.
In addition, students get the opportunity to visit FSU to consider the variety of technical programs such as Plastics and Rubber Engineering, Heating, Ventilation, AC & Refrigeration, and Dental Hygiene, as well as professional programs such as Optometry, Pharmacy, and Business.
Space is limited to first 25 teams, so register now! Deadline is January 1, 2013.Scholarships
- Four $2,000 scholarships for 1st place overall
- Four $1,000 scholarships for 2nd place overall
- Four $500 scholarships for 3rd place overall
- One free FSU class for coaches of overall wins
Classroom Award Money
- $300 for 1st place win in each category
- $200 for 2nd place win in each category
- $100 for 3rd place win in each category
- $75 for 4th place win in each category
- $50 for 5th place win in each category
- $100 for most promising rookie team