New for Fall 2017 - Online ETR Application Form
Paper and PDF ETR applications will not be accepted beginning with the Fall 2017 semester. Students who wish to participate in the ETR program must use the new online form. Details are below.
The Ferris State University Employer Tuition Reimbursement (ETR) program was developed to assist statewide and online students who qualify for tuition reimbursement through their employer.
Students who qualify for the ETR program will have their tuition deferred until 30 days after grades post for each semester.
To qualify for the ETR program students must submit the following application documents and enrollment fee EVERY semester:
- Complete and submit the online Employer Tuition Reimbursement (ETR) Application.
- Submit a current letter of eligibility on company letterhead stating criteria for reimbursement up to XXX% either with the application, or by faxing (616) 451-4740.
- Submit the $35 enrollment fee for registration into the ETR program. Fee payments should be submitted online through the MyFSU Ebill payment suite using an electronic check or debit/credit card.
2017-18 Submission Deadlines
Application materials and enrollment fee payments must be submitted by the deadline in order to qualify for the ETR program. Late ETR applications will not be accepted.
Fall 2017: August 10, 2017
Spring 2018: December 14, 2017
Summer 2018: May 10, 2018
- All three ETR requirements must be submitted by the tuition due dates in order for students to participate in the ETR program.
- Late ETR Agreements and Eligibility Letters will not be accepted.
- Students must have all previous balances paid in full to participate in future ETR programs.
- Tuition costs and fees are the sole responsibility of the student and must be paid within 30 days of grades posting even if reimbursement has not been received.
- Failure to make timely tuition payments will result in Registration and Transcript HOLDS being placed on student accounts and may affect students ability to participate in future ETR programs. Late fees may also be assessed and delinquent student accounts may be sent to collections.
- The $35 ETR enrollment fee is separate from tuition.
- The Ferris State University Bookstore (Barnes and Noble) does not participate in the ETR program.
- Textbooks should be paid in full at the time of purchase and should not be charged against a student’s account.
- Students who do charge their textbooks against their student accounts are expected to make payment for them within 30 days of purchase
- Financial aid (grants, scholarships and loans) awards will affect a student’s eligibility in the ETR program.
- Any financial aid award will be applied to a student’s account and will be deducted from the amount of reimbursement a student qualifies for under the ETR program.
- ETR students do not receive a Financial Aid refund
- If a student’s Financial Aid award exceeds the total tuition cost the student will not qualify to participate in the ETR program.
Example Eligible for ETR Not Eligible for ETR Tuition $2,220 $2,220 Plus Course Fees $60 $60 Total $2,280 $2,280 Minus Financial Aid $1,000 $3,000 ETR Balance $1,280 $0 ($720 refund to student)
- Ferris provides monthly Ebill statements in MyFSU to all students who have a balance due and students are encouraged to print a copy to give to their employer.
- Students who need an itemized tuition statement must provide this request “in writing” to firstname.lastname@example.org within a week of grades posting.
- Students will be provided with grades in MyFSU the Tuesday after the semester ends and students are encouraged to print a copy to give to their employer.
ETR Program Staff
Ferris State University
151 Fountain St NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Phone: (616) 451-4777