What You Need to Know
Your student (Gmail) account is the only email we will use to communicate information about registration, financial aid, student activities and class cancellations. For help accessing your account, follow the “Help” link or contact Ferris’ technical assistance helpdesk.
The Financial Aid Office will ONLY use your Ferris email account to send you important information regarding your financial aid. Be sure that you routinely check your FSU email account!
To Find Your Computing ID and Password
One week after receiving your acceptance notice, you can log on to your personal campus information through MyFSU and send and receive University email. Follow these simple instructions to log on.
- Open the Internet browser of your choice.
- Go to myfsu.ferris.edu
- Select “Password Assistance”
- Under step 1, click “Computing ID”
- Provide both your student ID and birthdate
- Make a note of your user name and initial password (you will need to type "@student.local" after your user name each time the password assistance system asks you for your user name)
- Set up your Challenge Questions
- Go to pwdhelp.ferris.edu to change your password (remember "@student.local" after entering your username)
To Access MyFSU
- Click on the MyFSU link near the lower right corner of this screen
- Type in your ID and password
Go to www.ferris.edu/financialaid/Tutorials/Tutorials.htm and check out the video link or quicksteps for MyFSU.
Forward Your Student Gmail to Another Email
Want to forward your student email to another account? Here’s how:
- Log in to MyFSU ( myfsu.ferris.edu)
- On the Home Community tab, open the Student Email icon under the Quick Links
- Click the gear icon found in the top-right of the screen.
- Select Settings
- Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
- Click on Add a forwarding address in the "Forwarding" section
- Enter the email address you want to forward to.
- For your security, we'll send a verification email to that address. Open your other email account and find the confirmation message from the Gmail team. If you’re having trouble finding it, check your Spam folder.
- Click the verification link in that email.
- Back in your Gmail account, reload the page in your web browser - look for the reload icon.
- On the same Forwarding and POP/IMAP page in Settings, check that Forward a copy of incoming mail is selected and your email address is in the drop-down menu.
- In the second drop-down menu, choose what you want Gmail to do with your messages after they’re forwarded, such as keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox (recommended) or archive Gmail’s copy.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
If you no longer want to automatically forward your mail, follow these instructions:
- Open the Gmail account that you forward from.
- At the top right, click the gear icon.
- Select Settings.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Select Disable forwarding in the “Forwarding” section.
- Click the first drop-down menu after “Forward a copy of incoming mail to” and check for any addresses listed as “(in use by a filter).” To disable the forwarding filter, choose the Remove option.
Apply & Transfer
Options & Information
Index of Locations
Tuition & Aid
Link to Facebook Link to Twitter
RSVP for an Event