The College of Pharmacy offers an Honors Assurance admission interview to Ferris State University Honors Program students provided complete compliance with the following conditions:
- Maintain enrollment in the pre-pharmacy Honors Program at Ferris State University and completion of all required coursework in three years;
- Completion of all pre-pharmacy coursework at Ferris State following freshman admission;
- Attainment of a GPA of at least 3.50 in biology (general biology/anatomy & physiology), chemistry (inorganic and organic) and math (calculus) pre-pharmacy coursework prior to the application deadline;
- Earn at least a letter grade of “C” (2.0 GPA) in the biology, chemistry and mathematics pre-pharmacy coursework. (A grade below “C” (2.0 GPA) in any of the specified biology, chemistry or mathematics courses nullifies the assurance of an interview; successful repeat of a course does not restore the assurance of an interview.)
- Attainment of a composite PCAT score in the 80th percentile or above;
- Successfully completing (by the end of the Fall semester preceding the beginning of the academic year of the desired start date): A) All general chemistry; general biology; and calculus requirements; and B) At least one semester of organic chemistry including lab; and C) At least one semester of the anatomy/physiology including lab: and
- Compliance with all general admissions and PCAT deadlines.
Admission to the doctor of pharmacy program through the Honors Assurance program is contingent upon successful completion of the above conditions and a successful admission interview.