FYI Mentor Training- Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 11:00 am FLITE 214
FYI Graduation Celebration - Friday, April 11, 2014 - 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm. Contact Janette Ward for more information.
Mentor-Mentee Luncheon - Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 11:00 am - 12:00 pm FLITE 438
The National "Foster Care to Success" program has announced the opening of their application process for scholarships for the 2014 school year. For more information, please click here
Camellia Network: The Challenge We Face video
Woodbridge N. Ferris founded an institution of opportunity. Ferris State University has a long history of finding ways to help young people with limited resources obtain a top-flight education. We have proudly built on this history to create the Ferris Youth Initiative (FYI) to reach out to low-income orphans and to young people who have aged out of foster care systems. This initiative is one example of how our students, faculty, and staff continue to accept Mr. Ferris’ challenge “to make the world a better place.”
To positively impact the lives of foster care youth and low-income orphans who attend Ferris State University. The Ferris Youth Initiative program is designed to provide support and learning opportunities throughout the student’s academic career by incorporating academic success, character development and positive approaches to their holistic well-being.
- For FYI students to successfully complete a college degree.
- To provide intentional academic guidance and support services to FYI students.
- To help students build character and life skills in preparation for the world of work.
- To provide intentional mentoring between FYI students and Ferris faculty and staff.
- To assist students in developing effective coping strategies, that aid in enhancing their self-confidence and overall likelihood of success.
FYI Coordinator of Independent Living
Student Affairs/Assistant Program Advisor
Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion/
FYI Program Advisor
Financial Aid Coordinator and FYI Scholarship Advisor