Honors Medallions These forms have a dual purpose: first to encourage meaningful reflection, and second to track commitments of individual honors students. We will also use this information to measure the outcomes of the program as a whole. Reflection facilitates learning by connecting experience to cognition. We hope you take advantage of the opportunity to reflect specifically and honestly about your experience in Honors. We are looking for accurate self-appraisal as you Contribute, Expand, Develop, and Participate in a community of learners.
The links below take you to forms that will allow you to report directly to the Honors program. Please note the expectations about when to complete each form; if you have any questions or concerns please consult with the Honors Program office. All forms allow you to save your work and resume at a later time
Cultural Event Report - 3 per semester, 6 per year, within two weeks of attendance.
- Complete cultural events within two weeks of attendance at an event while the experience is still vivid in memory. Students who have completed at least one semester in Honors can choose to either reflect on their experience or merely report attendance at an event. First semester students must complete a full reflection, which will be emailed to their HNRS100 Professor.
Annual Accomplishments - Once per academic year, at the end of each academic year.
- Every student completes this reflection at the at the end of each academic year. The form will ask you about how you have progressed in the four columns.
Leadership report - Once, at any time before completion.
- This report asks you to reflect on your accomplishments and leadership style. Please consult the student handbook for readings on leadership styles.
Preparation for Final Year in Honors - Once, 1 year, or 2 semesters, before your anticipated graduation date.
- The preparation form is an opportunity to start thinking about your Senior Symposium project and ensure you have a positive experience that connects to your passions. You must complete this form before you can register for the senior symposium.
Application for Medallion - Once, prior to Senior Symposium, usually the last thursday before the end of classes in the semester you intend to graduate.
- This reflection encourages you to take a long view of your experience in Honors and confirms your completion of all aspects of the program.
All forms allow you to save your work and resume at a later time.