Errata ID Date Added Title Content Type Report Number Description
50 5/23/2013 Resources, Policies, and Agricultural Productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa
Publication ERR-145 The appendix was revised on May 23, 2013 to correct for notational errors in equations 1, 3, 5, 6, 12, 13, and 16.
49 5/23/2013 Livestock, Dairy, and Poultry Outlook: May 2013
Publication LDPM-227 On May 23, 2013, the U.S. red meat and poultry forecast table was corrected. The forecast for 2014 annual beef and veal imports was corrected from 755 million lbs to 2,800 million lbs.
48 5/21/2013 Vegetables and Pulses Outlook: March 2013
Publication VGS-353 On May 21, 2013, Figure 3 was revised to show the correct 2013 forecast for U.S. processing tomato production.
47 5/13/2013 Nonmetropolitan Areas as a Whole Experience First Period of Population Loss
and Population & Migration Amber Waves
article and topic page N/A An erroneous nonmetro population estimate (previously 45 million) was corrected on May 13, 2013 to reflect the actual estimate of 46.2 million.
46 5/13/2013 Livestock & Meat Domestic Data
Data product N/A On May 13, 2013, the year labels on the "Feeder Cattle Supplies Outside Feedlots" table were corrected.
45 4/17/2013 April 2013 Rice Outlook report
Outlook report RCS-13d This report was originally released on April 12, 2013 with out-of-date March 2013 tables. It was re-released on April 17, 2013 with the correct April 2013 tables.
44 4/8/2013 Rice Yearbook 2013
Data product N/A On April 8, 2013 the data for 2006/07-2012/13 for all countries were corrected to include imports of rice flour.
43 3/27/2013 March 2013 Rice Outlook Table
Outlook report RCS-13c On March 26, 2013, 2011/12 Food, industrial, and residual use was corrected from 97.0 million cwt to 106.8 million cwt.
42 3/13/2013 U.S. Agricultural Trade Data Update
Data product N/A On March 13, the following errors were corrected:
- U.S. agricultural exports, year-to-date and current months, 2013, March Update tab: The percent changes in the column labeled “Change 12-13” were corrected.
- U.S. agricultural imports, year-to-date and current months, 2013, March Update tab: The percent changes in the column labeled “Change 12-13” were corrected.
41 3/13/2013 Wheat Outlook: March 2013
Outlook report WHS-13C On March 13, 3013, the following correction was made. On page 8, in the third full paragraph, the second sentence has been corrected to read: "Brazil has been exporting feed-quality wheat at a higher-than-expected pace."
40 3/8/2013 County-level Data Sets
Data product N/A The previous update of the poverty data in the County-Level Data Sets (completed on February 26, 2013) was incomplete, leaving 2010 data in tables labeled as 2011 data. This problem was corrected on March 8, 2013, so that 2011 poverty data is now reported in both the State-county maps and the accompanying tables.
39 3/7/2013 Farm Household Income and Characteristics
Data product N/A Table 1 in the Farm Household Income and Characteristics data product was updated on March 6, 2013 to correct a misreported farm household income forecast for 2012 ($57,723 instead of $57,378) and to add missing labels indicating which rows represent medians and which rows represent means.
38 2/25/2013 Meat Price Spreads
Data product N/A On February 25, 2013, the Wholesale-Retail Broiler Spread for January 2013 was corrected from 5.3 cents/LB to 101.7 cents/LB.
37 2/13/2013 International Evidence on Food Consumption Patterns: An Update Using 2005 International Comparison Program Data
Publication TB-1929 This report, originally released in March 2011, was revised in February 2013 to correct the ordering of country names in the appendix tables. Additional clarifications to the data and estimation methods used were added to pages 1, 11, and 18.
36 1/8/2013 The Complementary Roles of the Public and Private Sectors in U.S. Agricultural Research and Development
Publication EB-19 On January 8, 2013, Figure 3 was corrected to reflect a units error in the original figure. The corrected figure shows agricultural R&D expenditures ranging from $0 to $3.5 billion depending on category of spending (previously, the figure misreported these expenditures by a factor of 10, or from $0 to $35 billion).
35 12/21/2012 International Macroeconomic Data Set
Data product N/A On December 21, 2012, the International Macroeconomic Data set containing historical and projected population and real per capita income for New Caledonia were corrected.
34 12/19/2012 Assessing the Healthfulness of Consumers’ Grocery Purchases
Publication EIB-102 On December 18, 2012, Appendix Table 5 was corrected to reflect a layout error that repeated rows 7-14 and omitted rows 15-20. The corrected table now has the previously missing rows (15-20) and rows 7-14 are no longer repeated.
33 12/17/2012 State Export Data
Data product N/A On December 17, 2012, the calendar year (new series) State export data for several agricultural export categories were corrected. The values for feeds and fodders and for grain products were corrected for all States and all years. Smaller changes were made for the following States and export categories, which should have had zero values: Utah (tree nuts, soybeans, rice, and chicken meat); and Connecticut (cotton). The export value for Idaho wheat, which had been zero, was also corrected.
32 12/7/2012 Vegetables and Pulses Yearbook tables
Data product N/A This report, originally released on May 31, 2012, was reissued in November 2012 with corrections to the following tables:
- Table 1. U.S. per capita use of fresh & processing vegetables, 1970-2011
- Table 19. U.S. fresh-market mushrooms: Supply, disappearance, & price, farm weight, 1970-2011
- Table 22. U.S. fresh-market potatoes: Supply, utilization, & price, farm weight, 1970-2011
- Table 27. U.S. sweet potatoes, all uses: Supply, utilization, & price, farm weight, 1970-2011
- Table 42. U.S. mushrooms for processing: Supply, disappearance, & price, farm weight, 1970-2011
- Table 47. U.S. potatoes for freezing: Supply & disappearance, farm weight, 1970-2011
- Table 130. Potatoes: U.S. per capita utilization, by category, 1970-2011
- Table 142. Potatoes, fresh: U.S. retail price, marketing spread, & grower-packer return, 1980-2011
- Table 143. Potatoes: Selected U.S. imports, by type, calendar 1980-2011
- Table 144. Potatoes: Selected U.S. exports, by type, calendar 1980-2011
- Table 147. Sweet potatoes: U.S. monthly export & import volume, crop years 1990/91-2011/12
- Table 148. Dry edible beans: U.S. per capita disappearance (use) for selected classes, 1970-2011
- Table 155. Dry edible beans: U.S. imports, by class, 1980-2011
- Table 156. Selected dry beans: U.S. export value to selected countries & the world, 2007-11
- Table 157. Dry edible beans: U.S. exports, by class, 1980-2011
- Table 162. Dry peas & lentils: U.S. exports, by class, 1980-2011
- Table 163. Dry peas & lentils: U.S. imports, by class, 1980-2011
- Table 164. Mushrooms, all: U.S. per capita utilization, 1970/71-2010/11
- Table 168. Mushrooms: U.S. monthly & annual imports, 1995/96-2011/12
- Table 169. Mushrooms, fresh-market & canned: U.S. monthly & annual exports, 1990/91-2011/12
31 11/21/2012 Sugar and Sweeteners Outlook: November 2012
Outlook report SSM-291 On November 20, Table 1 was corrected. The owner of the San Nicolas mill was corrected to read American Sugar Refining, Inc.
30 11/16/2012 Meat Price Spreads
Data product N/A On November 16, 2012, the October 2012 5-market steer price was corrected from $125.1/cwt to $125.8/cwt.
29 11/2/2012 Loss-Adjusted Food Availability Data
Data product N/A On November 2, 2012, the consumer-level loss estimate for fresh grapefruit in the loss-adjusted fresh grapefruit spreadsheet was corrected:
- in the loss-adjusted food availability grapefruit spreadsheet, the consumer-level loss estimate was changed from 54 percent to 20 percent and an explanatory footnote was added to the spreadsheet;
- a footnote about the consumer-level loss adjustment was added to the calories spreadsheet;
- a footnote about the consumer-level loss adjustment was added to the food pattern equivalents spreadsheet; and
- an explanation was added to the loss-adjusted food availability documentation.
28 10/18/2012 Rice Outlook: October 2012
Outlook report RCS-12J On October 18, 2012, the title of this report was corrected from "U.S. 2012/13 Crop Forecast Lowered 1.0 Million Cwt to 190.0 Million Cwt" to "U.S. 2012/13 Crop Forecast Raised to 198.9 Million Cwt."
27 10/1/2012 U.S. Agricultural Trade Data Update
Data product N/A On October 1, 2012, the following corrections were made to 3 tables on this page:
- U.S. agricultural exports, year-to-date and current months, 2012 table: The data in the column labeled Oct-July 2011 was corrected.
- Top 10 U.S. agricultural export markets for wheat, corn, soybeans, and cotton, by volume, 2011 table: The file was corrected to add the 2011 data.
- U.S. agricultural exports, year-to-date and current months, 2011 table: A mislabeled heading was corrected. The column now labeled as percent changes for September to October 2011 had been mislabeled as September to August.
26 8/31/2012 Outlook for U.S. Agricultural Trade: August 2012
Outlook Report AES-75 AES-75 was corrected on August 30, 2012. On page 1, the subtitle of the report was corrected from "FY 2013 Exports Forecast at a Record $134.5 Billion; Imports at a Record $117.0 Billion" to "FY 2013 Exports Forecast at a Record $143.5 Billion; Imports at a Record $117.0 Billion."
25 8/29/2012 China's Market for Distillers Dried Grains and the Key Influences on Its Longer Run Potential
Special Outlook report FDS-12G-01 On August 28, 2012, this report was corrected to add text inadvertently excluded from the original version. The following text was added to the end of the last paragraph on page 17, continuing on to page 18: "…designated producers exceed their authorized volumes when gasoline prices are high. The article's findings could not be confirmed but listings on Chinese e-commerce sites checked by ERS include a number of companies listing "fuel ethanol" as one of their products. This could also imply a larger supply of domestic DDGS than is often acknowledged. Recent Chinese Government policy has sought to slow growth of ethanol and other industrial uses of corn but production has remained robust."
24 8/16/2012 Meat Price Spreads
Data product N/A On August 16, 2012, the table titled "Summary of retail prices and price spreads" was replaced with an updated table.
23 8/15/2012 Feed Outlook: August 2012
Outlook report FDS-12H On August 14, 2012, Table 5 was replaced with an updated table.
22 8/6/2012 Livestock, Dairy and Poultry Outlook: June 2012
Outlook report LDP-M-216 On August 6, 2012, the following error was corrected on the U.S. red meat and poultry forecasts table:
- Per capita disappearance, retail lb for beef for 2012 QII was changed from 41.6 to 14.6.
21 7/26/2012 Land Use, Land Value & Tenure overview
Topic page N/A On July 26, 2012, the word "billion" was changed to "trillion" in the the first sentence of the second paragraph on this page.
20 7/25/2012 Livestock, Dairy, and Poultry Outlook: July 2012
Outlook report LDP-M-217 On July 25, 2012, the following corrections were made to the U.S. red meat and poultry forecasts table originally released on July 24, 2012:
- Beef: 2011 annual production was changed from 36,195 million pounds to 26,195 million pounds.
- Pork: 2011 annual production was changed from 22,752 million pounds to 22,758 million pounds.
- Pork: Third quarter 2012 production was changed from 5,260 million pounds to 5,620 million pounds.
- Total red meat and poultry: Annual 2012 production was changed from 92,132 million pounds to 92,140 million pounds.
- Total red meat and poultry: Annual 2013 production was changed from 92,742 million pounds to 92,052 million pounds.
- Choice slaughter lambs, San Angelo: Fourth quarter 2011 changed from $148.93/cwt to $148.61/cwt.
- Choice slaughter lambs, San Angelo: 2011 annual changed from $160.68/cwt to $160.60/cwt.
19 7/20/2012 U.S. Drought 2012: Farm and Food Impacts
Newsroom item N/A In the Farms section: "Total cropland under severe or greater drought increased from 20 percent to 38 percent, while total value of crops exposed increased from 16 to 29 percent" was corrected to match the table data and now reads "Total cropland under severe or greater drought increased from 17 percent to 39 percent, while total value of crops exposed increased from 16 to 31 percent."
In the Corn subsection, "New estimates of 2012 corn yields and production will be released on August 1" has been corrected to "New estimates of 2012 corn yields and production will be released on August 10."
In the Soybeans subsection, "For the previous 5 years, ending stocks averaged around 600 million bushels" has been corrected to "For the previous 5 years, ending stocks averaged around 257 million bushels."
18 7/13/2012 Cotton and Wool Outlook: July 2012
Outlook report CWS-12e On July 13, the following corrections were made in Table 6: 1) Manmade home furnishings for Apr 2012-changed from 25,953 to 75,115; 2) Manmade floor coverings for Apr 2012-changed from 75,115 to 25,953.
17 7/12/2012 International Food Security Assessment, 2012-22
Outlook report GFA-23 On July 12, 2012, a sentence in the last full paragraph on page 11 was revised from "Production of grain, which accounts for nearly half of this region's diet, is projected to increase nearly 41 percent over the next decade," to "Production of grain, which accounts for nearly half of this region's diet, is projected to increase roughly 30 percent over the next decade."
16 7/10/2012 Slaughter and Processing Options and Issues for Locally Sourced Meat
Outlook report LDPM-216-01 This report, originally released in June 2012, was reissued in July 2012 with the following corrections: 1) Figure 3 was corrected to indicate that FSIS does not carry custom-exempt slaughter plant data on the 21 continental States that do not maintain their State Inspection programs; 2) At the bottom of page 8, a paragraph was amended to indicate that FSIS data are not complete for custom-exempt slaughter plants.
14 & 15 6/14/2012 Wheat Outlook: June 2012
Outlook report WHS-12F The June ERS Wheat Outlook Monthly Tables released on June 14 were incorrect. The tables were corrected and reposted on June 15.
13 6/14/2012 ARMS Farm Financial and Crop Production Practices
Data product N/A In June 2012, the ARMS Farm Financial and Crop Production Practices data was revised to correct a coding error that resulted in some applications of fertilizers being double-counted, thereby over-estimating fertilizer applications by season. Revised data on the timing of nitrogen, phosphate, and potash applications from the 2006 soybeans, 2007 cotton, 2009 wheat, and 2010 corn surveys were released and timing of fertilizer applications data for all other surveys/years were removed until corrections can be made and verified.
12 6/12/2012 Frontier and Remote Area Codes
Data product N/A In June 2012, the documentation describing Level 4 FAR codes was amended to clarify that they include rural areas that, among other restrictions, are 60 minutes or more from an urban area of 50,000 or more people.
11 6/11/2012 Commodity Costs and Returns
Data product N/A On June 11, 2012, all 2011 annual milk cost and return estimates were revised due to discovery of an error in the purchased feed cost estimates. The error resulted from inconsistencies in the feed price data used to index the 2010 purchased feed cost to reflect 2011 prices. Consistent dairy feed prices were found and used to correct the error. The incorrect data was originally posted on May 1, 2012.
10 5/23/2012 International Agricultural Projections Data: Supply and Use Tables, 2010-2021
Data product N/A The file labeled "Cotton (bales) supply and use, selected countries and global totals" originally posted in metric ton units has been corrected to bale units.
9 5/16/2012 American diets are out of balance with dietary recommendations
Chart of Note N/A The percentage for vegetables was corrected to 65 percent to reflect the corrected data that was updated in the underlying briefing room in September, 2011.
8 5/1/2012 Farm Income and Costs: 2012 Farm Sector Income Forecast
Web Page N/A The headline on this page was shortened to remove an inconsistent estimate.
7 4/27/2012 Livestock, Dairy, and Poultry Outlook: Tables
Publication N/A On an earlier version of this page, the "Last Update" date on 3 of the monthly LDP Outlook Tables was corrected.
6 4/27/2012 International Macroeconomic Data Set
Data product N/A The "Next Update" date for the Population Historical file was corrected to September 28, 2012.
4 4/18/2012 Atlas of Rural and Small-Town America
Data product N/A The variables "Percent with some college experience 2005-2009" and "Percent with college degree or higher, 2005-2009" were miscalculated in an earlier release. Persons with an associate's degree were included in the "College degree or higher" category rather than the "Some college experience" category.
5 4/13/2012 Farm Income and Costs: 2011 Farm Sector Income Forecast
Web page N/A The headline on this page was shortened to remove an inconsistent estimate.
3 3/16/2012 Trends in U.S. Farmland Values and Ownership
Economic Information Bulletin EIB-92 Starting on the bottom of page 18, a paragraph about the effects of government programs on land values was revised to clarify program attributes. Starting on the bottom of page 32, a paragraph was amended to make it clear that the Farm Service Agency compiles data on foreign ownership of farm and forest land, and to delete the final sentence on State regulation of foreign ownership.
2 3/12/2012 Agricultural Income and Finance Outlook: December 2011
PDF icon (16x16) Outlook AIS-91 On pages 17-20, a series of wording changes were made to clarify that: 1) ACRE payments, while based on revenue shortfalls, are not revenue insurance; 2) producers enrolling in ACRE forgo Countercyclical Program payments, receive reduced Direct Program payments, and face reduced marketing assistance loan rates; and 3) Supplemental Revenue Assurance Payments are expected to amount to $900 million in 2011. Figure 4.1 on page 37 was revised to reflect data corrections.
1 3/2/2012 Direct and Intermediated Marketing of Local Foods in the United States
Economic Research Report ERR-128 Rounding errors were corrected on pages iii and 13. On page 12, the final sentence was rephrased to clarify that the data refer to the number of full-time equivalent (FTE) farm operators.