MASTER OF ARTS IN TEACHING (MAT)
The following qualifications are required for consideration for admission:
- Completion of a bachelors degree from a regionally accredited institution with a total undergraduate GPA of at least 2.70 and, if applicable, a CCSU undergraduate GPA of at least 2.70.
- Completion of a major in the content area that meets state certification standards.
- Completion of general education coursework that meets current Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) standards for certification
- Satisfactory scores on Praxis I PPST and on the required state content knowledge examinations in the certification area, Praxis II or ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview and Writing Proficiency
- Evidence of the ability to work with diverse groups of students in an educational setting and an understanding of teaching as a work environment
- Evidence of ability to write at graduate school level demonstrated through submitted essays and either a GRE writing score or a CCSU sit-down writing examination
- Statement agreeing to complete CT criminal history record check through the appropriate RESC and to authorize forwarding of results to host district(s) upon placement for practica.
For more information, contact Professor Nancy Hoffman ( firstname.lastname@example.org).