Skip to main content
“By creating we think, by living we learn” Patrick Geddes
Main University menu

Alternative Funding

Charities, trust funds, bursaries and scholarships are alternative sources of funding which might be available to you.

You can access the University of Dundee 4 Learning database which enables you to search for alternative funding available both locally and nationally.

Your local library will hold an index in their reference section.

2015/16 RIBA Student Hardship Funds

The 2015/16 RIBA Student Hardship Funds are now open for applications. The purposes of the RIBA Student Hardship Funds are to:

  • Alleviate financial hardship of students of architecture
  • Assist students financially in gaining professional experience
  • Widen participation in architectural education
  • Reduce student drop-out rates

Grants of up to £2,000 are awarded to help architectural students who are experiencing exceptional financial hardship to continue their studies. Applications are accepted throughout the academic year. Any students of architecture who are struggling financially can explore these funds further at:

Sutherland Page Trust

The Trustee of The Sutherland Page Trust invites applications from Under-Graduates or Post-Graduates studying courses in Medicine, Law, Arts, Divinity or Science who have successfully completed the first year of their course, and who are attending a Scottish University.

Applications will be considered individually, and the amount of an award will be at the discretion of the Trustee. However, the Trust funds are limited.

Only students who were born in Scotland, or who have at least one parent born in Scotland, or, who are resident in Scotland for at least three continuous years prior to entry to a Scottish University need apply.

Application forms are available below, and these should be returned, together with the necessary documentation, to the Student Funding Unit by 4 pm on Tuesday 24th November 2015.

Commercial credit

Commercial credit may be your only option to fund a course, particularly at postgraduate level. Many banks offer a government-backed educational loan scheme.

We are a Professional and Career Development Loans registered Learning Provider, registration number [3313]. A Professional and Career Development Loan is a commercial bank loan that you can use to help pay for work-related learning. For further information on financial assistance to support your learning, please visit the GOV.UK website or contact the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900.

Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.