Foundation Jobs - Full Time
Please keep checking this site for updated employment listings. Revised 9 April 2014.
Associate Director of Financial Reporting and Analysis
The Darden School Foundation at the University of Virginia’s Graduate School of Business seeks an experienced professional to direct the financial planning, reporting, analysis and budgeting functions. Primary responsibilities include oversight and preparation of financial reporting and analyses, budgets and projections for the guidance of the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, management, trustees, UVA and regulatory agencies while simultaneously managing deadlines and providing high quality portfolios of fiscal projects. The incumbent will be expected to stay current in trends and practices in finance and maintain a thorough understanding of management accounting principles and GAAP as they apply to a non-profit organization.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting supplemented by rich experience utilizing sophisticated financial modeling software such as Crystal Ball is required. An MBA is preferred. This role requires advanced Microsoft Office skills, including expert capabilities with Excel, Access and PowerPoint. We invite applicants with no less than five years of successful work experience involving financial planning and analysis and prefer ten years of proven results.
Resume with salary expectations should be submitted to https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6913361
Cover letter should be cut and pasted in the text resume section and resume should be uploaded as an attachment.
The Darden School Foundation is currently seeking an individual to join our team that manages executive education events and programs delivered at Darden and at other US and international locations. Responsible for the coordination of all operational aspects of assigned events, managing communications, program logistics and overseeing program administration with the goal of providing extraordinary customer service.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years business and/or administrative experience in a customer relations capacity
- Event planning or event management experience preferred
- Must be systematic, detailed and well organized
- Ability to interact effectively with client contacts, in-house management and faculty
- Must be an independent thinker able to handle a variety of complex tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation required. Candidate should be comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in a second language desirable
- Ability to use standard office software, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and experience in database and internet applications required
- Must demonstrate good judgment, time management, cultural sensitivity and mature business skills
- Ability to work well with staff, faculty, outside service providers, program participants, and general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and suggest/provide solutions
- Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Position requires a varied schedule, including evenings, weekends, some holidays and occasional overnight travel
- Some global travel may be required - must travel comfortably
- Must have the energy to put in the hours of concentrated work necessary to achieve goals while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment
Resume and cover letter with salary requirements may be submitted to https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8964331 Cover letter should be cut and pasted in the text resume section and resume should be uploaded as an attachment.
U.Va. Jobs at Darden
U.Va. is now using Jobs at U.Va. for most searches, including Staff. Please click jobs at U.Va.
to search all open positions.