Financing Your Education
How to Apply for Benefits
All Students, regardless of what benefits they believe they may be eligible for, should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
More on How to Apply for Benefits
There are several federal aid programs for veterans. The programs, with eligibility requirements and payments, are listed by The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Veterans Tuition Awards
- Tuition Benefit for Active New York State National Guard Members
- New York Army National Guard Federal Tuition Assistance Program (ARNG FTA)
- New York State Veterans Tuition Award
- Regents Award for Children Of Deceased or Disabled Veterans
- Military Service Recognition Scholarship (formerly War on Terrorism Scholarship)
- New York State 4/03 Support For Military Families
More on State Aid
A variety of merit-based aid exists through scholarships, grants, and fellowships. Some of this aid is based on veteran or dependent status. Veteran's organizations frequently offer merit-based aid.
Students are encouraged to research such options through his/her campus Financial Aid Office and/or on the web.
For more information visit: