The University’s $6.7 billion request for FY 2014-15 through FY 2018-19 is intended to fund ongoing projects, critical maintenance, and strategic initiatives, including the Decade of Science and CUNY FIRST.
Design, Construction and Mngt.
- The Department of Design, Construction and Management is responsible for the execution of capital projects.
- Implements the design and construction of funded projects
- Coordinates construction phasing, scheduling, and execution in concert with college operating conditions
- Provides technical support for scope development of proposed projects and for the design and construction of college-managed projects
- Oversees energy conservation planning and project coordination
The Department of Financial Management is responsible for overseeing OFPCM's financial and procurement operations.
- Tracks State and City funds
- Oversees procurement services through construction and consultant contracts
- Operates the solicitation process from identification of need, to contract registration
- Develops the five-year capital budget plan
The Department of Space Planning is responsible for determining the space needs for each campus.
- Prepares physical master plans and amendments for each campus
- Performs space utilization studies
- Manages real estate operations:
- Negotiates and maintains leases for CUNY-wide rental
- Coordinates acquisition of real property
Department of Vendor Integrity and Investigations
The Department of Vendor Integrity and Investigations is responsible for ensuring that vendors performing work on CUNY capital projects are organizations of good integrity and conduct their affairs honestly.
- Conducts comprehensive vendor background checks to aid in determining vendor integrity and to promote a competitive procurement environment
- Conducts contract compliance reviews and inspections
- Investigates allegations of vendor misconduct
- Develops and implements ways to identify and prevent vendor misconduct
The Department of Public Private Partnerships is responsible for coordinating efforts to maximize the University's real estate assets.
- Identifies viable public private projects on CUNY campuses
- Works with consultants and colleges on site selection and planning
- Assists in selection of consultant team including drafting scope of work, issuing RFPs, conducting interviews, analyzing proposals, and negotiating agreements and fees
- Oversees consultant team's work including conducting planning studies, feasibility analysis, zoning analysis, traffic studies, financial analysis, and negotiation with private developers