The University and its colleges welcome inquiries from journalists, news professionals and members of the public. For questions regarding the University, please contact the Office of Communications and Marketing. Please direct inquiries concerning the colleges and the professional schools to the campus based communications professionals listed below.
University Office of
Communications & Marketing
205 E 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
Senior Vice Chancellor of University Relations and Secretary of the Board of Trustees
University Director of Communications and Marketing
Office of Media Relations
Faculty Experts Service
CUNY Athletic Conference
Invest in CUNY Campaign Office
CUNY Graduate Center
CUNY Graduate School of Journalism
CUNY School of Law
CUNY School of Professional Studies
CUNY School of Public Health at Hunter College
Macaulay Honors College
Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education
The City College
College of Staten Island
John Jay College of Criminal Justice
Medgar Evers College
Dawn S. Walker
New York City College of Technology
Stephen M. Soiffer
Borough of Manhattan Community College
Bronx Community College
Diane M. Weathers
Guttman Community College
Hostos Community College
Soldanela Rivera Lopez
Kingsborough Community College
LaGuardia Community College
Queensborough Community College
Stephen Di Dio
About the University Office of Communications & Marketing
- The Office of Communications & Marketing seeks to promote the achievements of the students, faculty and staff of the University, its colleges, institutes and various constituent groups by communicating the core mission of teaching, research and public service in furtherance of the University's role as New York City's public institution of higher learning.
- The office provides strategic communications advice and integrated marketing and branding services; develops relationships with media; responds to requests for information, and coordinates news and information among the various colleges for external and internal audiences.
- The office manages content and design of www.cuny.edu, the University's Emmy award-winning web site which garners 170,000 unique pageviews per month, and is a leader in developing integrated web-based communications technologies. These include: youtube.com/CUNY , the CUNY Channel on Youtube; iTunes University, which distributes free lectures and other programming via the iTunes store; audio and video pod casting; rss news and sports syndications; eNews, The Daily Brief, Lifelong Learning, and other e-mail newsletters and alerts; video streaming, and a comprehensive University events listings at www.cuny.edu/events.
- The office manages CUNY Radio at www.cuny.edu/radio, the consolidated web site for the FCC licensed 10-watt stations at City College, the College of Station Island and Kingsborough Community College. CUNY Radio produces "The Faculty Lecture Series," and shows on immigration issues, sports and University news. The office publishes CUNY Matters, the University's newsmagazine, bimonthly, with a readership of more than 100,000 faculty, staff and friends of the University, and Salute to Scholars, a biannual magazine. News releases, advisories, brochures and other publications are created and disseminated by the office. Media access and interviews with faculty experts are available through the CUExperts service.
- The office provides web and print design services and maintains an expanding digital archive of more than 12,000 images, many historic, available for use by the news media. The office convenes the Communications and Marketing Officers Council and sponsors University-wide student development programs: the Journalism, Broadcast and New Media Conference & Career Fair; the Summer CUNY/CBS TV Boot Camp; Joblog, a web-based internship/job referral service; and the Murray Kempton Awards and Internships in partnership with external news outlets.