CUNYfirst stands for Fully Integrated Resources and Services Tool and for CUNY it means a massive upgrade in how we'll do things in the future. New CUNYfirst processes in Student Administration, Human Resources and Finance will change how we do everything from registering for classes to paying our bills. read more
CUNYfirst applications will replace aging legacy systems like SIMS and CUPS and help us streamline and standardize many of the things we do at our colleges. CUNYfirst will be implemented in phases. Base processes for business, HR and academic structure will be created first, with enhancements and new modules being added in the coming years. Everyone working for CUNY will be trained to use the new tools available in CUNYfirst with training available in classes or on-line. The CUNYfirst Project is intended to establish CUNY policies, processes and procedures well into the future.
All CUNYfirst applications are now available. Please alert your staff, co-workers, and all other users. If issues arise, please contact your local Help Desk.
News & Information
Benefits of CUNYfirst to the University:
- We will retire aging unsupportable systems that no longer serve the needs of a University (our CUPS personnel system was retired in 2009)
- We are building one common data base that houses all information for our students, our employees and our financial management. In the past we needed to rely on many systems that did not integrate or interact which led to inefficiencies and inadequate service to our students, faculty and staff
- Students/Staff transferring within CUNY won’t have to learn new systems
- We have modernized our recruiting and hiring process saving time, increasing the quality of our searches, and saving millions of sheets of paper as review the resumes, CV's and portfolios of our candidates 4,813 jobs posted since June 2009
- 15,855 job applicants since June 2009
- Single, amalgamated Procurement system
- Real time information
- Building a system in collaboration with hundreds of students, faculty and staff