Cleveland State Community College subscribes to the requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) of 1998. Consistent with the act, Cleveland State Community College has an associated institutional DMCA Copyright Policy and a Copyright Infringement Law providing notice of copyright responsibility for all users of college computers and web resources. Additionally, the college has designated an agent to receive notification of claimed infringement from copyright owners.
If you find an instance of copyright infringement on the Cleveland State Community College website, you are instructed to contact:
Director, Office of Information Technology
PO Box 3570
Cleveland, TN 37320-3570
Phone: (423) 472-7141 or 1-800-604-2722
In notifying us of alleged copyright infringement, please be sure to include the following information:
- a description of the copyrighted work that is the subject of the claimed infringement (if multiple works are being infringed at a single site, a representative list of such works at that site is adequate);
- a description of the infringing material and information sufficient to permit Cleveland State Community College to locate the material; contact information for you, including your address, telephone number, and/or e-mail address
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, signed under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you have the authority to enforce the copyrights that are claimed to be infringed; and
- a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf.
Failure to include all of the above-listed information may result in a delay of the processing of your complaint. Cleveland State Community College will terminate the online privileges of users who infringe the copyright of others.
Please go to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Web Site for more information.
I chose to come to Cleveland State because I was awarded a scholarship that will help me save money to put towards a four-year degree.”