Committee on the Concerns of Women
The Committee on the Concerns of Women was established in 1977 as a presidential committee to address equity issues of concern to all women in the campus community and beyond. The Committee serves in an advisory capacity to the President and will bring forward recommendations on or concerning women's issues. The Committee also serves as an advocate for the Women's Center on Campus.
- To interact with any individual or group with power
- to create programs and influence changes that may affect women.
- To collaborate with other university committees in addressing problems and issues of concern to women.
- To monitor the academic and social environment making appropriate recommendations based on assessments related to programs and curriculum.
- To provide mentoring opportunities for women.
- To provide a forum for speakers and writers on women's issues.