About The Center
The Center is equipped with the latest computers that operate in both Windows and Macintosh platforms. These computers offer a range of software products from the latest Microsoft Office to Adobe Creative Suite. The Center has a classroom to facilitate a 10 seat workshop and conference space for webinars. Multimedia development space is also available for editing video using iMovie or Final Cut Pro to produce media rich course materials.
Blackboard Learn Resources:
- Safe Assign Information (please click to read an important update from the Board of Regents)
- General Information and Workshop Calendar
Course Shell Creation and Content Transfer
- As of Summer Session 2013 Bb Vista course shells are no longer being created.
- Decomission Timeline
- Anti-Plagiarism Software: Check students' work for originality and proper citations using SafeAssign through BB Vista.
- Audience Response Technology using TurningPoint: Learn how "Clickers" can be used to improve student comprehension and class interaction.
- Banner: We provide a general overview of Banner. Please contact Jennifer Nicoletti for more information.
- Blogging: Always wanted to try blogging but never had a spot to do so? Well, CCSU has it's own blogging site called CCSYou. Click "blogging" to learn more.
- Instructional Design Services for Online Course Development: Work with our instructional design team to design and develop your online learning materials.
- LanSchool: Easy-to-use classroom management software.
- Multimedia Development Assistance: Work individually or with an assistant to edit and display media for multiple applications, such as iMovie and Profcast.
- Multimedia Teaching Station Training: We can teach you how to use the teaching stations available in most classrooms.
- Respondus: A tool used to create and manage exams that can be uploaded into Blackboard Vista.
- Sandbox: Come play in our sandbox where we have exciting new technology.
- Scanning Documents: Using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software or scan photographs and negatives for use in publications, presentations, web pages and class handouts.
- Scantron Scanning: Bring your master key and answer sheets to The Center and use our Scantron Scanner. No appointment necessary.
- SMART Board Do Smart Boards seem intimidating to you? Make an appointment with us and we can show you all the features and benefits of using one.
- Software Instruction: Work with an Instructional Technologist one-on-one in the Instructional Design and Technology Resource Center for help with Blackboard Vista, Podcasts or other software, such as Microsoft Office.
- Web Conferencing: Using Webex
- Website Editing: Using Expression Web or FinalSite.
- Workshops: Experts in Residence: a 1-2 hour workshop where faculty experts demonstrate successful integration of instructional technologies followed by hands-on use of the demonstrated technology; Digital Seminar Series: a series of workshops that seek to demystify new and developing academic technologies.