PROGRAM GOAL: The Diversity Grant Program provides funds to encourage faculty, staff, and students to implement
innovative educational projects and/or activities that promote mutual respect and enhance our understanding of diversity and social justice.
PROGRAM CRITERIA: Proposals should be for programs or activities in one of the following categories:
1. Promotes mutual respect on campus
2. Enhances understanding of diversity
3. Promotes equity and social justice
Examples of activities that could be funded include: Forums, study circles, inter-group dialogues/projects, speakers, film/video series, seminars, workshops, and/or public education programs about multiculturalism, diversity, hate crimes and incidents; outreach activities to elementary and secondary schools, home communities, community public service programs; and faculty/student collaboration to develop new courses, performances, printed materials, and posters. These grants will not support travel requests. Proposals that demonstrate collaboration between individuals and groups who have not previously worked in partnership are preferable.
FUNDING: The Diversity Grants Programs funds requests of up to $1,000. Funds will be distributed 3 times per year. ALL
REQUESTS FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO THE OFFICE OF DIVERSITY AND EQUITY MUST BE DONE THROUGH THE GRANTS PROGRAM. Funding decisions will be made by a committee conformed by the
Chief Diversity Officer, the chair of the Faculty Senate Diversity Committee, and a representative form the Student
ELIGIBILITY: Undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff of CCSU are eligible to apply as individuals or in groups. The same collaborative group may submit only one proposal per cycle.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: E-Mail your completed application to Pam Soucy, Office of Diversity and Equity,
Include the following:
1. Cover Sheet (available here)
2. Proposal Summary: Up to 1 page double-spaced summarizing the proposal, and indicating how your proposal's achievements will satisfy the goals of the program.
3. Timeline: Identify the steps you will take to plan, promote, and implement the activity within a timeline. Include when the activities would start and conclude.
4. Outcomes and Impact: Describe in concrete terms what you expect to achieve in the proposed activity. What outcomes/results do you anticipate? Identify how the project fits into one or more of the program criteria:
A) Promotes mutual respect on campus;
B) Enhances understanding of diversity, or
C) Promotes equity and social justice.
5. Budget Worksheet
Proposals should be submitted by E-Mail to the Office of Diversity and Equity no later than 4:00 p.m. on the deadline date. You may call the Office of Diversity and Equity at x21652 for more information.