Your calendar can be displayed in a day, week, month or year view by clicking the appropriate links in the top left toolbar.
In addition, the month and year views can be displayed in either a list or grid format by clicking the appropriate icon.
This view is a standard monthly "wall calendar" grid. In situations where the grid view will not fit within the web page layout, it will pop up into a new window for viewing.
This view displays events in a list format for the selected period of days.
Customize Your Calendar
Your calendar can be customized to display events tailored to your interests. Check the boxes next to the desired calendar categories and click "Save Your Settings". The settings will be saved by a browser cookie for the next time you view the calendar.
Post a new event
Authorized users are able to post a new event to be displayed on the calendar. The request will be reviewed by a website administrator and published to the calendar if accepted.
Calendar Event Search
Search all calendar events that match one or more keywords.
Export to Excel
Export calendar events to MS Excel format for importing into other calendar applications.
How to sync a website calendar with Outlook
Outlook 2003 does not support live iCal feeds coming into it, but you can import an iCal file of events into it by first exporting your website calendar to an iCal .ics file. This would bring in only events currently on the calendar, future events added would need to be exported/imported again.
Below are the steps for exporting events from a website Calendar, and importing them into Outlook 2003.
- On your website calendar, click the Export icon and select Export iCal (after selecting desired calendar(s) and date range for export)
- Save the file to your desktop.
- In Outlook, go to the File menu and click Import and Export.
- Click Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (.vcs), then click Next.
- Locate the .ics file you want to import.
- In the Files of type list, choose either iCalendar Format or vCalendar Format.
- Click OK.
With Outlook 2007, you can set up a live iCal feed from a website calendar that will automatically and continuously update with new events or changes to events. To set up a live iCal feed, follow the steps below:
- Go to your website calendar and click the iCal icon. This will open the Calendar Feeds popup.
- Select iCal > Get Standard iCal URL corresponding to the desired calendar(s)
- Copy the URL that appears by highlighting it and entering Ctrl-C or clicking the copy command in your web browser
- From your Outlook 2007 Calendar menu, select “Tools”, then “Account Settings”
- Select the Internet Calendars Tab and click the “New” button
- Paste the URL you copied in step #3 into the box using Ctrl-V or Paste command, then click “Add”
- A “Subscription Options” box will be displayed. You have the option here to change the display name for your calendar and/or add a description.
- Click OK
- Expand the “Other Calendars” section in your navigation pane and select the name of the calendar you just setup to view your website calendar. Use the arrows on your calendar tabs to merge/separate your website calendar with your standard Outlook calendar.
Wyncs for Outlook/Palm
Availability of this feature will end on July 15, 2010. Please use above instructions on how to import events into Outlook.