Parlez-vous français? You know you want to.
Studying a language can gain you access to new world views and life experiences. Our degree program in French pays tribute to the language, culture and history of France — one of the oldest civilizations in the West — and to that of French-speaking people throughout the world. From Dumas to Césaire, you will learn how French literature has had a major influence on the world’s foremost modern writers and thinkers. You will also be able to study the great thinkers of the Enlightenment, art from the Bell Époque, feminism and existentialism, all while become proficient in one of the world’s most romantic languages.
I remember falling in love with the French language when I first started learning it, and I love living vicariously through my students who are learning it for the first time and are experiencing the newness of this beautiful language.
Learn More About Our Degrees and Certificates
- France gave the Statue of Liberty as a gift to the United States in 1886.
- France is the number-one tourist destination in the world.
- Ernest Hemingway wrote, “If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.”
- Ambassador to a French-speaking nation
- Diplomat at the United Nations
- Public relations specialist for the French travel and tourism industry