Office of Financial Aid
308 West Quad Center
Financial Aid at the Enrollment Services Center
Lobby, West Quad Center (document submission)
*Please see the "Contact" section for additional information.
Important Financial Aid / CUNYfirst Update
A new financial aid self-service option has been implemented via CUNYfirst that will allow students to do more and see more with their financial aid. Full functionality is expected to become available on or around April 28. We encourage all students to regularly check their Brooklyn College e-mail for important financial aid updates and notifications, as this will be the college's primary method of communication.
We also strongly recommend that you read the Guide to Enhanced Financial Aid Self-Service Information in CUNYfirst.
Federal Direct Loans – Applications are available via CUNYfirst, “Self-Service > Student Center tab”. If you need step by step guidance, please refer to our " Direct Loan Handout." Please be advised that the new on-line direct loan application form can be submitted only once per year. Therefore, we strongly recommend double-checking your selections prior to submitting the on-line form. Modifications will be accepted via paper process only, which will begin on September 8th, 2014.
- Last day to apply for a summer 2014 only Federal Direct Loan was 8/20/2014
- Last day to submit a SAP appeal will be 9/12/2014
- Last day to add a class for financial aid eligibility purposes due to the new university Financial Aid Certification date will be 9/03/2014
Applying for Financial Aid
Priority deadline to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the Brooklyn College Office of Financial Aid was August 4, 2014. All students should apply for financial aid every year. Students who missed the financial aid priority deadline are still encouraged to file the FAFSA and will be considered for federal student aid, if eligible, but institutional funds become increasingly limited and there is no guarantee that it will be available on your account by the time the bursar bill becomes due.
Apply for a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application is free, so be on your guard when searching for the FAFSA application: Filers should make sure that they use only the official Department of Education site.
After submitting your FAFSA, you will be taken to the FAFSA Confirmation Page. Look for "Optional Feature —Start your state application" on the Confirmation page to go to TAP on the Web. Here you will be able to apply for New York State tuition assistance programs for full-time and part-time students. If you do not complete the TAP on the Web application after completing the FAFSA, you will be sent an e-mail with a link to that application after your FAFSA is processed.
- Brooklyn College federal school code: 002687
- Brooklyn College TAP/NYS school code: 1410
- 2014–15 Federal Pell Award Chart
For information on how to file your FAFSA, complete a Verification. To view your financial aid information in CUNYfirst, please review these application instructions and 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA (video).
- Financial Aid Estimator (Net Price Calculator)
Current Year 2014-2015
- Summer 2014 Front-End Pell Request Form *NEW (pdf)
- 2015 Dependent Verification Worksheet — V1 *NEW (pdf)
- 2015 Dependent Verification Worksheet — V3 *NEW (pdf)
- 2015 Dependent Verification Worksheet — V4 *NEW (pdf)
- 2015 Dependent Verification Worksheet — V5 *NEW (pdf)
- 2015 Dependent Verification Worksheet — V6 *NEW (pdf)
- 2015 Independent Verification Worksheet — V1 *NEW (pdf)
- 2015 Independent Verification Worksheet — V3 *NEW (pdf)
- 2015 Independent Verification Worksheet — V4 *NEW (pdf)
- 2015 Independent Verification Worksheet — V5 *NEW (pdf)
- 2015 Independent Verification Worksheet — V6 *NEW (pdf)
- Financial Aid Resources and Forms (Direct Loans, Verification, Study Abroad, Federal Work-Study, etc.)