Important Notice to IELTS Candidates
- You will be pleased to know that candidates are no longer required to send their photographs for IELTS registration. Your photograph will be captured on your first interaction with us i.e. either the speaking test or the written test. The same photograph will be printed on your Test Report Form (TRF).
- Please note that from 1 November 2013 onwards, all candidates applying through the Online Registration System will be required to upload a clear valid copy of their CNIC/Passport to complete their registration. Without uploading the ID Document the registration will remain incomplete and candidates will not be considered as registered until such time as the ID document is uploaded.
- In line with advice from government immigration agencies, a change to the regulations relating to IELTS candidate photographs was implemented on 1 January 2010. Candidates registering for IELTS now, must not wear glasses in the photographs they submit for IELTS test registration.
- Deposit the IELTS test fee in your respective branch of Standard Chartered Bank.
Kindly note that with effect from January 1st 2014 the new IELTS test fee will be Rs.19, 000. The existing fee structure of Rs17, 000 remains effective for any IELTS test till December 2013. Therefore, you may find it beneficial to register for an earlier test date. However from 5 Nov 2013 onwards candidates’ applying for any test date of 2014 will have to pay Rs. 19,000 IELTS test fee.
- Send your complete IELTS Application form by post / courier to your nearest British Council office along with Clear photocopy of your valid Computerised National Identity Card OR Passport (The one you have mentioned on the form), two coloured passport size photographs with out eyeglasses (not older than six months) and your payment proof (SCB deposit slip or Demand Draft) of IELTS Fee in favour of British Council
.The application will be processed upon receipt at British Council and seat will be allocated to you, subject to availability.
Important Note *
You should bring the same ID document to the test as you quoted on your application form. If you fail to do this you will not be allowed to take the test. In case you lose your ID document after applying for the test and at least one day prior to the test day, please immediately inform IELTS staff at your local British Council office without delay and they will guide you further. No result will be issued to candidates who are involved in impersonation and/or misconduct. IELTS Regional Team and Receiving Organisations named on the application form will be notified of this action.
Legal Disclaimer Statement:
“The British Council and the UK examining boards take all responsible steps to provide continuity of services. We feel sure you will understand, however, that we cannot be held responsible for any interruptions caused by circumstances beyond our control or any loss or damage or injury or death is caused to any candidate at the examination venue during examination due to any act of terrorism or otherwise. If examinations or there results are disrupted, cancelled or delayed, every effort will be made to resume normal service as soon as possible. The British Council’s responsibility will be limited to the refund of the registration fee or re-testing at a later stage.”