Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Help Desk Alerts
All system are currently operational.
Updated 7/30/15 9:00am
Scheduled Outage - Network Services in Library Building - 7/30, 6PM - 8/3, 9AM
Due to necessary repairs in the Library Building, there will be no network services, including internet access and wireless service in the Library/Information Technology Building ONLY from Thursday, 7/30 @ 6PM - Monday, 8/3 @ 9AM. During that time period there will also be no access to the BCTC-NAS (network share) and BCTC printing for anyone on or off campus.
All other buildings and network services including College web sites, e-mail, and the phone system will remain uninterrupted. Students in need of a computer lab will be able to use the 6th Floor Lab area in the Vertical Campus from 6PM - 8PM on Thursday only.
Updated 7/29/15 5:53pm
CUNYFirst Monthly Maintenance - 7/31/15 - 9:00pm - 1:00am
The CUNYfirst System (HCM and Campus Solutions applications) will be unavailable on Friday, July 31st from 9pm to 1am, for month end closing activities.
Updated 7/28/15 3:53pm
CUNYfirst Disaster Recovery Test - 8/1 @ 4:00pm - 8/2 @ 6:00pm
The annual CUNYfirst Disaster Recovery Drill (DR Drill) is scheduled the weekend of August 1-2, 2015. During this DR Drill, CUNYfirst will be unavailable to all users.
DR Drill start time: 4 pm on Saturday, August 1
DR Drill finish time: 6 pm on Sunday, August 2
The annual CUNYfirst DR Drill provides CUNY the opportunity to exercise the recovery tasks required if the primary CUNYfirst System were to shut down unexpectedly. The DR Drill confirms CUNY’s ability to respond to a CUNYfirst disaster recovery scenario, make the backup system available to users, and restore the primary servers to full capacity for our user community.
Note that CUNYfirst Reporting instances will not be available until Tuesday morning, August 4. When the Reporting instances become available they will be populated with the data from Sunday night.
Thank you for your patience in supporting this very important exercise. Please inform your user community.
Updated 7/28/2015 3:59pm
Blackboard - Course Size Limits - Beginning Summer 2015
In order to manage Blackboard course size efficiently, the CUNY Central Blackboard Steering Committee has implemented a course size limit policy starting Summer Session 1. Click the following link for more information: http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/bctc/intech/course_size.htm
Updated 7/23/15 8:30am
Students Unable to See Courses in Blackboard
There are a large number of students who are not able to see their courses in Blackboard due to them having multiple accounts in CUNY Portal. CUNY's Central Office is aware of this issue and is working on resolving it as soon as possible. We ask that Faculty make accommodations for these students wherever possible.
Updated 7/23/15 8:30am
- New Site Dedicated to Microsoft Office - June 30th, 2015
- Blackboard Changes Begining Summer 2015 - June 1st, 2015
- VPN Software Upgrade - December 29, 2014
- Microsoft Office for Students - October 15, 2014
- Online Course Evaluations - May 6, 2014
- Heartbleed - OpenSSL Security Alert - April 11, 2014
- New Wireless Service for Students - January 28, 2014
- VMAP Service Offering for Students
- BaruchMail Service Upgrade - October 25, 2013
- TimeWarner Cable Service Update - September 5, 2013
- Student e-mail upgrade to Office 365 - July 5, 2013
- NetConnect VPN Service will be discontinued on May 31, 2013
- Policy on Support for Microsoft Windows 8
- Baruch College's iOS app in the App Store (Updated)
- CUNY First News
- Mathematica - Licensing Information
- Textbook Reporting System
- Campus WiFi Coverage Areas
- Blackboard Support
- Green IT Initiatives
- Student Wireless Printing From Personal Laptops
- State of New York Power Down Policy
- Forgot your CUNY Portal Username or Password - CLICK HERE!
- New CUNY Emergency Alert System
- CUNY Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources
- Faculty/Staff Password requirements - myPassword
- Protect Your Computer! Download a FREE Copy of McAfee VirusScan
- Policy on P2P File Sharing (e.g., BitTorrent & LimeWire)
- Guest Access to Baruch College Network
- Policy on Installation of Wireless Access Points
- Using Facebook & Other Social Networking Sites
- Security Awareness Program
- Audio/Visual (Media Resources)
- Computer Labs
- Computer Purchase
- Computing and Technology Help Desk
Laptop Loan Program
Teaching with Technology
- Instructional Technology Support & Services
- Faculty Blackboard Help
- Request Audio/Visual Equipment and Services
- IT Help in Baruch's 3 Schools
- Electronic Classrooms
- Digital Media Library (DML)
- Technology Conference
- Baruch Username
- Email for Students (Office 365)
- Student Computing Labs
- Wireless for Students
- Email for Faculty & Staff
- Smart Classrooms
- Request A/V Equipment & Services
- Telephone Services
- Wireless for Faculty & Staff
Summer Session Hours
labslogo BCTC Library 6th Floor Computer Lab
Phone: (646) 312-1102