Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Help Desk Alerts
6th Floor Computing Lab is currently closed - 12/17/14 11:38am
UPDATE - The Library 6th Floor Computing Lab is closed until further notice due to elevator service being intermittent in the building. The Vertical Campus lab (Room 6-125) will be open from 8AM - 11:30PM for students in addition to the Library Building 2nd Floor being available.
Due to an issue with the elevators in the Library building, the offices (aside from the Library itself) are currently closed. Once Public Safety allows the campus into these spaces we will re-open for the campus.
The Help Desk is available regular hours for support via email and phone. There are computers on the 2nd floor of the Library for those who need to study/access online content/print as well as the 6th floor of the Vertical Campus (VC6125). The VC Lab area will remain open 8am until 11:30pm given the closing of the 6th floor library lab.
Updated 12/19/2014 5:52pm
Blackboard - Maintenance - 12/29/14 12:01am - 12/30/14 6:00pm
A Blackboard service pack upgrade will take place on Dec. 29 from 12:01AM to the close of business on Dec. 30. Blackboard will not be available during this period.
Updated 12/17/2014 8:37am
Known Issues with CUNYfirst - UPDATED 10/03/14
CLICK HERE for a list of known issues with CUNYfirst. BCTC is working with CUNY's Central Office on a resolution for each.
UPDATE - A fix has been put in place for students to see their bill. A video has been posted to help aid students. Those still having issues should continue to notify the Help Desk and have screenshot examples available.
- Microsoft Office for Students - October 15, 2014
- Online Course Evaluations - May 6, 2014
- Heartbleed - OpenSSL Security Alert - April 11, 2014
- New Wireless Service for Students - January 28, 2014
- VMAP Service Offering for Students
- BaruchMail Service Upgrade - October 25, 2013
- TimeWarner Cable Service Update - September 5, 2013
- Student e-mail upgrade to Office 365 - July 5, 2013
- NetConnect VPN Service will be discontinued on May 31, 2013
- Policy on Support for Microsoft Windows 8
- Baruch College's iOS app in the App Store (Updated)
- CUNY First News
- Mathematica - Licensing Information
- Textbook Reporting System
- Status of Campus WiFi Upgrade
- Access Your Class Roster
- Green IT Initiatives
- Student Wireless Printing From Personal Laptops
- State of New York Power Down Policy
- SPSS version 20 now available
- Forgot your CUNY Portal Username or Password - CLICK HERE!
- New CUNY Emergency Alert System
- Microsoft Software up to 75% Off for Baruch Faculty, Staff and Students
- CUNY Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources
- Faculty/Staff Password requirements - myPassword
- Protect Your Computer! Download a FREE Copy of McAfee VirusScan
- Policy on P2P File Sharing (e.g., BitTorrent & LimeWire)
- Guest Access to Baruch College Network
- Policy on Installation of Wireless Access Points
- Using Facebook & Other Social Networking Sites
- Security Awareness Program
- Audio/Visual (Media Resources)
- Computer Labs
- Computer Purchase
- Computing and Technology Help Desk
Laptop Loan Program
Teaching with Technology
- Instructional Technology Support & Services
- Faculty Blackboard Help
- Request Audio/Visual Equipment and Services
- IT Help in Baruch's 3 Schools
- Electronic Classrooms
- Digital Media Library (DML)
- Technology Conference
- Baruch Username
- Email for Students (Office 365)
- Student Computing Labs
- Wireless for Students
- Email for Faculty & Staff
- Smart Classrooms
- Request A/V Equipment & Services
- Telephone Services
- Wireless for Faculty & Staff
WALK-IN Assistance currently unavailable. Open for phone and email support during the hours listed below.
labslogo BCTC Library 6th Floor Computer Lab
Phone: (646) 312-1102
Closed until further notice due to
elevator service instability.