Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Blackboard - Scheduled Maintenance - June 19, 2015 2 AM - 6 AM
The maintenance scheduled for Friday, June 12, 2015 has now been rescheduled to Friday, June 19, 2015 between the hours of 2:00 A.M. and 6:00 A.M., Blackboard Managed Hosting will be working on CUNY’s Blackboard environment to fix an issue that is causing high Java load on the servers. Please note the environment will be unavailable during this maintenance.
Updated 6/10/15 12:10 PM
Blackboard - Course Size Limits - Beginning Summer 2015
In order to manage Blackboard course size efficiently, the CUNY Central Blackboard Steering Committee has implemented a course size limit policy starting Summer Session 1. Click the following link for more information: http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/bctc/intech/course_size.htm
Updated 6/1/15 11:00 AM
Blackboard Course Menu Defaults
For the Fall 2015 semester, BCTC has made a few changes to Blackboard's default course menu navigation links (i.e., the links on the left-hand side of your Blackboard course). Please click here for more information on these changes and for visual guides on how instructors can change the menu.
Updated 6/1/15 11:30 AM
Important Note for Faculty:
Click below for instructions on how to:
• Add a TA to your Course ( Click here for PDF)
• Copy Course Content ( Click here for Video)
• Merge Two of your Sections in Blackboard ( Click here for Video)
Make your Blackboard course visible to students
Students will not see your course until it is made "available." To do this, go into your course in Blackboard. Once there, from the control panel on the left menu, click Customization > Properties. Find "Set Availability" and select Yes. Scroll down and click Submit.
Updated 03/10/2015 11:16 AM
All systems are operational.
Updated 6/10/15 12:10 PM
If you need immediate assistance, please contact the Baruch Helpdesk at 646.312.1010 (x1010).
User Guides & FAQs
- Video Instructional Series (Faculty)
- CUNY How to User Guides for Faculty and Students
- Faculty Workshop Schedule
- Best Practices for Mobile Friendly Courses
Blackboard Mobile Learn App
Blackboard Collaborate User Guides
- Blackboard Collaborate Mobile App
- CUNY's Blackboard 9.1 Frequently Asked Questions
Alternative Resources & FAQs
- CUNYfirst MyInfo - Obtain student names and email addresses
- e-reserve - Post materials (PDF, Powerpoint, web links, etc) via the library's web site that are accessible to your students.
- Faculty Web Server - Post course web site or files (PDF, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, etc)
- iTunes University - Post video and audio files for your students to access.
- Blogs - Set-up a blog where you can communicate with students
- Surveys & Polls - Use Qualtrics to set up and administer them.