Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Blackboard Maintenance, April 18th, 2014 - 2 A.M. to 6 P.M.
On Friday, April 18, 2014, between the hours of 2:00 A.M. and 6:00 A.M., Blackboard Managed Hosting (BMH) will be performing maintenance on CUNY’s Blackboard 9.1 environment. There may be a brief interruption of services during the maintenance window.
Blackboard Course Archiving on April 17th, 2014
CUNY Central has notified us that all courses for fall 2012/winter session 2013 and earlier will be archived on April 17th, 2014. If you need any assistance before April 17th in exporting or archiving your courses to have on your computer, or if you are in need of any content from these courses after April 17th, please contact the Help Desk at (646) 312-1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blackboard In-Line Grading - Unavailable
Inline Grading is currently unavailable. Users are getting the following error: " Whoops! An error occurred while viewing this page". Blackboard is working with Crocdoc to restore services as soon as possible. We will keep you updated as more information becomes available.
Updated 2:00 pm 4/7/2014
Blackboard Notifications - Unintended Email Alerts - April 4, 2014
There are reports of Notifications being sent by Blackboard to the community after a recent upgrade. Our team is aware of the issue and working with CUNY and our hosting provider on a solution.
To change these settings in Blackboard,
- Click the Notifications Dashboard in the top-left corner of the Home tab,
- Click “Edit Notification Settings”.
- Choose “Courses I am teaching” (for instructors) or “Courses I am taking” (for students) from the Bulk Edit Notification Settings tool on the right.
- Select all the courses you wish to modify, then scroll down and un-check the box next to “Email” on the right-hand side of the table.
This will turn off all Email Notifications from the selected courses.
Information from CUNY Regarding Blackboard Service
If you need immediate assistance, please contact the Baruch Helpdesk at 646.312.1010 (x1010).
User Guides & FAQs
- Video Instructional Series (Faculty)
- CUNY How to User Guides for Faculty and Students
- Faculty Workshop Schedule
- Best Practices for Mobile Friendly Courses
Blackboard Mobile Learn App
Blackboard Collaborate User Guides
- Blackboard Collaborate Mobile App
- CUNY's Blackboard 9.1 Frequently Asked Questions
Alternative Resources for Faculty
- eRoster - Obtain student names and email addresses
- e-reserve - Post materials (PDF, Powerpoint, web links, etc) via the library's web site that are accessible to your students.
- Faculty Web Server - Post course web site or files (PDF, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, etc)
- iTunes University - Post video and audio files for your students to access.
- Blogs - Set-up a blog where you can communicate with students
- Surveys & Polls - Use Qualtrics to set up and administer them.