Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Scheduled Upgrade/Outage - 12/26 - 12/28/13
An upgrade to Blackboard will begin on December 26th, 2013 and is expected to be completed on December 28th, 2013. Unfortunately, the system will be unavailable during this time. This means everyone, including our Blackboard Administrator, will be unable to access any course content at this time.If you are using Blackboard for posting grades throughout the semester, please download a copy of your Fall 2013 Course Grade Center to have during this scheduled outage. More information including a guide on how to do this can be found here.
Updated 11/27/2013 4:00 pm
Information from CUNY Regarding Blackboard Service
If you need immediate assistance, please contact the Baruch Helpdesk at 646.312.1010 (x1010).
User Guides & FAQs
- Video Instructional Series (Faculty)
- CUNY How to User Guides for Faculty and Students
- Faculty Workshop Schedule
- Best Practices for Mobile Friendly Courses
Blackboard Mobile Learn App
Blackboard Collaborate User Guides
- Blackboard Collaborate Mobile App
- CUNY's Blackboard 9.1 Frequently Asked Questions
Alternative Resources for Faculty
- eRoster - Obtain student names and email addresses
- e-reserve - Post materials (PDF, Powerpoint, web links, etc) via the library's web site that are accessible to your students.
- Faculty Web Server - Post course web site or files (PDF, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, etc)
- iTunes University - Post video and audio files for your students to access.
- Blogs - Set-up a blog where you can communicate with students
- Surveys & Polls - Use Qualtrics to set up and administer them.