Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
- In collaboration with CUNY, we have created guides that will help you with the transition to Blackboard 9.1 and navigating the new layout and design, please click on the the following link: CUNY How to User Guides for Faculty and Students and you will be presented with all the guides available for Blackboard 9.1.
- CUNY's Blackboard is currently experiencing log-in issues that may not allow you to access Blackboard after you click on the link within the CUNY Portal until you have cleared your browsers cache. If you are unable to access Blackboard after logging into the CUNY Portal, please clear your browsers cache by following the instructions below: Within Internet Explorer; click on Tools, then click on Internet Options (at the bottom of the list) and on the mian page click on the word Delete under Browsing History, then click on Delete. Wait a few seconds and then click OK, CLOSE THE BROWSER and restart Internet Explorer. Within Firefox; click on Tools, then click on clear recent history. You will have a choice fo time range to clear, please click the drop down arrow and select everything. Click on clear now and wait a few seconds. CLOSE THE BROWSER and restart Firefox. .
Information from CUNY Regarding Blackboard Service
If you need immediate assistance, please contact the Baruch Helpdesk at 646.312.1010 (x1010).
Alternative Resources for Faculty
- eRoster - Obtain student names and email addresses
- e-reserve - Post materials (PDF, Powerpoint, web links, etc) via the library's web site that are accessible to your students.
- Faculty Web Server - Post course web site or files (PDF, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, etc)
- iTunes University - Post video and audio files for your students to access.
- Blogs - Set-up a blog where you can communicate with students
- Surveys & Polls - Use Qualtrics to set up and administer them.