Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
All systems are operational.
Updated 9/3/15 4:40 PM
Issue when loading "My Blackboard Content"
Users are reporting issues when attempting to view the "My Blackboard Content" area after being logged into Blackboard. Click HERE for an example of what they are seeing. CUNY Central is aware of this issue and attempting to have it resolved as soon as possible.
Updated 9/2/15 12:10 PM
Important Note for Faculty:
Click below for instructions on how to:
• Add a TA to your Course ( Click here for PDF)
• Copy Course Content ( Click here for Video)
• Merge Two of your Sections in Blackboard ( Click here for Video)
Make your Blackboard course visible to students
Students will not see your course until it is made "available." To do this, go into your course in Blackboard. Once there, from the control panel on the left menu, click Customization > Properties. Find "Set Availability" and select Yes. Scroll down and click Submit.
Updated 03/10/2015 11:16 AM
Blackboard - Course Size Limits
In order to manage Blackboard course size efficiently, the CUNY Central Blackboard Steering Committee has implemented a course size limit policy. Click the following link for more information: http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/bctc/intech/course_size.htm
Updated 6/1/15 11:00 AM
Blackboard Course Menu Defaults
For the Fall 2015 semester, BCTC has made a few changes to Blackboard's default course menu navigation links (i.e., the links on the left-hand side of your Blackboard course). Please click here for more information on these changes and for visual guides on how instructors can change the menu.
Updated 6/1/15 11:30 AM
If you need immediate assistance, please contact the Baruch Helpdesk at 646.312.1010 (x1010).
User Guides & FAQs
- Video Instructional Series (Faculty)
- CUNY How to User Guides for Faculty and Students
- Faculty Workshop Schedule
- Best Practices for Mobile Friendly Courses
Blackboard Mobile Learn App
Blackboard Collaborate User Guides
- Blackboard Collaborate Mobile App
- CUNY's Blackboard 9.1 Frequently Asked Questions
Alternative Resources & FAQs
- CUNYfirst MyInfo - Obtain student names and email addresses
- e-reserve - Post materials (PDF, Powerpoint, web links, etc) via the library's web site that are accessible to your students.
- Faculty Web Server - Post course web site or files (PDF, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, etc)
- Blogs - Set-up a blog where you can communicate with students
- Surveys & Polls - Use Qualtrics to set up and administer them.