Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Blackboard Scheduled Maintenance - Friday, March 7th
On Friday, March 7, 2014 from 1:00 A.M. to 6:00 A.M Blackboard Managed Hosting (BMH) will be performing maintenance on CUNY’s Blackboard database. The system will be UNAVAILABLE during this maintenance window.
Updated 3/03/2014 4:00 pm
Issues with Internet Explorer 11 - 2/18/14
On 2/11/2014, Microsoft released a security update to Internet Explorer 11 that causes it to crash when an instructor attempts to view any course with Edit Mode turned on. Blackboard is currently investigating a solution to this issue. We continue to recommend using Mozilla Firefox as your primary browser to access Blackboard.
Updated 3/03/2014 2:30 pm
Information from CUNY Regarding Blackboard Service
If you need immediate assistance, please contact the Baruch Helpdesk at 646.312.1010 (x1010).
User Guides & FAQs
- Video Instructional Series (Faculty)
- CUNY How to User Guides for Faculty and Students
- Faculty Workshop Schedule
- Best Practices for Mobile Friendly Courses
Blackboard Mobile Learn App
Blackboard Collaborate User Guides
- Blackboard Collaborate Mobile App
- CUNY's Blackboard 9.1 Frequently Asked Questions
Alternative Resources for Faculty
- eRoster - Obtain student names and email addresses
- e-reserve - Post materials (PDF, Powerpoint, web links, etc) via the library's web site that are accessible to your students.
- Faculty Web Server - Post course web site or files (PDF, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, etc)
- iTunes University - Post video and audio files for your students to access.
- Blogs - Set-up a blog where you can communicate with students
- Surveys & Polls - Use Qualtrics to set up and administer them.