Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
All systems are operational
Important Note for Faculty - Make your Blackboard course visibile to students
Students will not see your course until it is made "available." To do this, go into your course in Blackboard. Once there, from the control panel on the left menu, click Customization > Properties. Find "Set Availability" and select Yes . Scroll down and click Submit.
- Blackboard has been updated to include the Content Management System (CMS). More information will follow in the near future.
Updated 11:30am 8/22/2014
Information from CUNY Regarding Blackboard Service
If you need immediate assistance, please contact the Baruch Helpdesk at 646.312.1010 (x1010).
User Guides & FAQs
- Video Instructional Series (Faculty)
- CUNY How to User Guides for Faculty and Students
- Faculty Workshop Schedule
- Best Practices for Mobile Friendly Courses
Blackboard Mobile Learn App
Blackboard Collaborate User Guides
- Blackboard Collaborate Mobile App
- CUNY's Blackboard 9.1 Frequently Asked Questions
Alternative Resources & FAQs
- eRoster - Obtain student names and email addresses
- e-reserve - Post materials (PDF, Powerpoint, web links, etc) via the library's web site that are accessible to your students.
- Faculty Web Server - Post course web site or files (PDF, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, etc)
- iTunes University - Post video and audio files for your students to access.
- Blogs - Set-up a blog where you can communicate with students
- Surveys & Polls - Use Qualtrics to set up and administer them.