make it happen
Did you miss registration? Apply now for an appeal.
UofIConnections is a website database utilized by the Office of Registered Organizations to centralize, organize and increase student involvement opportunities. It provides the tools for managing student organizations and empowering student learning across the university. Prospective organizations, as well as existing organizations, must use the UofIConnections database to register.
The UofIConnections database is also where the treasurer of an organization can submit a request to receive SORF funding. The Office of Registered Organizations encourages all students to visit and explore the UofIConnections website and create a profile within the system even if they are not a member of a registered organization.
- Any group of five or more people.
- Membership is restricted to currently registered University of Illinois students, faculty, staff and their spouses. Authorized agents must be students, faculty, or staff.
- Any group composed primarily of university affiliated members but who also have active members not affiliated with UIUC, may register as a Campus-Community group by contacting the Office of Facility Management and Scheduling, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (217) 333-1230.
- The organization is in full compliance with all federal and state nondiscrimination and equal opportunity laws, orders and regulations.
- In addition, registered organizations shall not practice discrimination against a member or prospective member on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, political affiliation, age, marital status, handicap, unfavorable discharge from the military or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, except as specifically exempted by law.
- The name of the organization should:
- Not be in conflict with an existing Registered Organization.
- Not be the same as a nationally registered organization or society unless it is a local chapter of that organization.
- Not be an acronym only. The entire name of the organization must be written out.
- Not include the words "University," "University of Illinois," or any abbreviations thereof except in the form "at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign" which may follow the organization's particular name.
- Be in good taste.
Register and Re-register an Organization
- Log into UofIConnections using your NetID and AD password. If it is your first time accessing it, the system will prompt you to make a profile. The president is the only person that needs to re-register the organization.
- On the home page, find the organization tab at the top of the page and click on it. If you are re-registering an organization, use one of the search options on the left sidebar to locate the organization.
- In the corner of the left side of the page, you’ll see a button to click "Register a New Organization." If you are re-registering, click the "Register this Organization" button below its name after it has been located.
Step 1- By registering this organization, you will receive all notifications concerning the organization’s registration application. Select "Next."
Step 2- Enter the information of the organization.
- In the first box enter the official name of the organization (no acronyms).
- In the second box, provide an acronym/nickname for the organization (optional).
- In the third box, supply the organization description summary.
- In the fourth box, provide the organization description.
- In the fifth box, provide the website key for your organization’s profile. This is how the URL for your organization’s page will be identified.
- In the sixth box, provide your organization’s external website if applicable.
- In the seventh box, provide your organization’s Facebook group URL if applicable.
- In the eighth box, provide your organization’s Twitter page URL if applicable.
- In the ninth box, please provide an organization contact email.
- In the tenth through fourteenth boxes, please provide the location of your organization including city, state, zip code, country, phone number, extension and fax number.
Step 3- Add your organization roster by providing the names of the president, treasurer and three authorized agents. You must have five members that fulfill those positions.
- The primary contact must be the listed president of the organization.
- To designate each agent, select their position title from the drop down list.
- Each member added to the roster must use their @illinois.edu email address, NOT any other email provider.
- Each member added to the roster must have their @illinois.edu email address appear next to their full name.
- Clear each field to continue adding agents.
- The Required Positions box on the left must have five green check marks before you can continue to the next step of the application process.
- Once finished, select “Next” to complete Step 3.
Step 4- Read through and respond to the nondiscrimination form. Once finished, select “Next” to complete Step 4.
Step 5- Read through the completed information of your organization.
- Select “Submit for Approval” to submit your organization registration request.
- You will receive notification saying that your organization has submitted a registration submission.
- If your submission is not correct, it will be denied and given a list of comments of what needs to be changed. To review and edit your submission, go to My Involvement, My Submissions, and then Organization Registrations. From there, click on the magnifying glass to view, update, and resubmit your submission.
- After you have received the notification that your organization has been approved, make sure the president, treasurer, and three authorized agents respond to the email they receive to confirm their status as the president or treasurer of the organization and to activate the organization.
- To confirm their involvement with an organization, the president, treasurer, and three authorized agents must log in and confirm their involvement on the home page under My Invitations.
- Your organization is not registered until all five authorized agents have confirmed their involvement.