Public engagement is an essential component of a land-grant university. The University of Connecticut recognizes, supports, and encourages service, outreach, and public engagement through a wide variety of activities and programs.
Members of the UConn community routinely collaborate with business and community partners to impact every aspect of daily life in towns and cities throughout the Northeast, across the country, and around the world.
For more details about the University's public engagement structure, awards, programs, service-learning initiatives, and ways to get involved, please visit our Public Engagement site.
- In South Africa students work clinical hours at several facilities that treat children with HIV/AIDS
- Engineering students in the School of Engineering designed and developed devices, including a novel recreational go-kart, to provide assistive mobility for an 11-year-old Connecticut boy afflicted with cerebral palsy
- Environmental engineering on the gold star bridge of interstate 95, over the thames river at new london
- Students volunteering their time during spring break for the Habitat for Humanity Project
- Swin Cash helps collect books for children
- University of Connecticut Health Center provides vaccinations against smallpox