General Admissions Information…
Incoming Freshmen: The University of Alabama welcomes applications from all qualified prospective students and wants to make the admissions process as simple as possible. To apply:
- Complete The University of Alabama application for admission. If you are not applying online, submit your print application with a check or money order for $40.00 made payable to The University of Alabama. Application fees are nonrefundable.
- Have your ACT and/or SAT score(s) sent to our Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Our ACT code is 0052 and our SAT code is 1830. Information on these tests is available from your high school counselor, or directly from ACT or SAT. Have your most recent official high school transcript sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Please note: Admission to either the Dance program and Musical Theatre Track program is by audition only. Please visit our Program Auditions page for more information.
Transfer Students: Admission to The University of Alabama as a transfer student is based on the grade point average earned for your college coursework. Transfer applicants must have a grade point average of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. Transfer applicants who will have earned fewer than 24 semester hours (36 quarter hours) at the time of enrollment will also have to meet freshman admission standards. To apply for admission as a transfer student, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Graduate Students: All applicants to the Graduate School must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited U.S. institution or a recognized international equivalent. Specific materials for a complete graduate admission file include:
- Applicant data sheet
- Statement of purpose
- Two official copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation (one letter from a professor in the applicant’s undergraduate major field or proposed field of study). These letters should be sent directly to the Department of Theatre & Dance
- TOEFL score (for applicants whose native language is not English)
- $50.00 Application Fee ($60.00 for international applicants)
- Additional Materials (as detailed within each graduate area of study, see MFA Graduate Degree Programs)
Additional information for Graduate School applicants can be found at the following links:
- Main Page: http://graduate.ua.edu/applicants.html
- Detailed Instructions for each class of Graduate Applicants (application fee amounts are mentioned here): http://graduate.ua.edu/application/applicationtypes.html
- Application Deadlines: http://graduate.ua.edu/application/appdeadlines.html
- Application Checklist: http://graduate.ua.edu/application/checklist.html
- Application Forms and Supporting Documents: http://graduate.ua.edu/application/forms/
- Graduate Catalog: http://graduate.ua.edu/catalog/
- Information for International Applicants: http://graduate.ua.edu/info/index_int.html
Please note that GRE or MAT scores are not required for admission to the Department of Theatre and Dance. For more information about graduate studies, contact The Graduate School.